Pellet training method

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
What are your experiences in training a pup to tale pellets?
For my previous rays i got them to take pellets bu soaking the pellets in bloodworm juice. But i got this new pup which is trained on hikari carnivore. But he only wants carnivore. I have been dropping cichlid gold sinking for him but he's making a mess chewing it up :) can i just keep on dropping only cichlid gold?

born2lovefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Indianapolis
What are your experiences in training a pup to tale pellets?
For my previous rays i got them to take pellets bu soaking the pellets in bloodworm juice. But i got this new pup which is trained on hikari carnivore. But he only wants carnivore. I have been dropping cichlid gold sinking for him but he's making a mess chewing it up :) can i just keep on dropping only cichlid gold?
I’ve had rays that would take raw shrimp, so I’d cut the shrimp and pack with pellets. Soak in a cup of water for few minutes prior to feeding to get the pellets to soften up. If you can get them to eat the pellets with the shrimp, I then start to feed pellets with the shrimp stuffed with pellets until they eat both. It’s a process and some rays catch on quicker than others I’ve found.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store