How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
A hard lockdown was very smart, unfortunately the people in America would have never went along with it. They would have been rioting in the streets claiming their rights were being violated if a lockdown had been ordered. American is full of ignorant and arrogant people of all races and economic backgrounds. People in America have literally physically assaulted retail workers when they were asked to wear a mask to enter a store, can you imagine telling these people they have to stay in the house for months. We have become to spoiled in the country. Congrats to New Zealand for executing a great plan.
Boy Iv'e seen the youtube clips of the rise of the kens and karens, we had a bit of that here but they were quickly taken care of. It's been around 85 years since the end of WW2 and I think all democracies have become fat, spoiled, self entitled, led by the rich who complain the most. Our right's as individuals come with responsibilities as community's, or so I thought. Best of luck hock!

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
We still don't have widespread contact tracing... or testing for that matter.

Yeah mate, I've been watching your politics closely for ages now, I really feel for you guy's who get this. It goes without saying a pandemic should be handled at a federal level as far as PPE and most other aspects. The only aspect I would have deferred to the states is contact tracing, which along with masks, has been fundamental to our success. Here and in aussie every shop, including supermarkets have a qr code, mandated. We all have an app which we scan the qr code with, if there's an outbreak and the shop you go to has been exposed you are informed and you are tested. Best wish's to you and yours dog!

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The people now leading the pandemic response are all clinicians, scientists and technocrats.

Gone are the days of a *politician* bloviating at the podium about bleach and political rivals and this and that.

Isn't that a good thing?

I am not opposed to vaccines. I am opposed to broad government mandates.

I think it’s pretty clear that almost everyone in the world has already been exposed to Covid one way or another.

Now there will be mandates.
And collective decisions based on politics.

Gee, what’s not to love?

Reactions: jacktar

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
An example
During the building of the Panama Canal by the U.S., malaria killed many workers.
The common belief (ideology) of the day in the U.S. was that malaria came from a less than godly life style, generally associated with a non-white workforce.
This ideology continued for 10 years, even after Cuban scientist proved malaria to be a mosquito bourne disease, and wiped out the disease on Cuba by limiting places for the Anopheles to easily breed, and during that interim ideologically driven 10 years thousands or workers on the canal died, until the facts became so obvious, that the mosquito vectors, couldn't be ignored by even the hardest nosed ideolog.
Saw the Documentary on this, brilliant example of head in the sand response to a crisis, and still it's happening, on steroid's! Best wish's mate

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Wondering when that CDC woman is going to reverse her position on vaccinated people not wearing masks. Big official in the Florida condo collapse tested positive for COVID19 along with his side kick. He had a lot of meetings and conference meetings. A lot of testing happening now. At least six fire fighter rescuers tested positive also.

More than 125 people test positive after attending a church camp

Some doctors are saying that fully vaccinated people can have asymptomatic infections and spread the virus to others. Hard to know .... the only statistic they are interested in now is if a fully vaccinated person ends up in the hospital or dies. Even contact tracing has changed. Before, after each new infection, a lot of testing was done on all contacts. In our community, they have pretty well stopped doing that. In the last week in our small community, we had 24 new cases, and they have only done 26 tests.

I think CDC came out with the "vaccinated people don't need to wear masks" in attempt to get more cooperation from the unvaccinated population. The whole thing back fired as now nobody wears masks. It's going to get really ugly before it gets better. Right now, it is Delta, Delta, Delta. They don't even talk about the Lambda variant which has wreaked havoc in Peru and Brazil.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
The people now leading the pandemic response are all clinicians, scientists and technocrats.

Gone are the days of a *politician* bloviating at the podium about bleach and political rivals and this and that.

Isn't that a good thing?
“Gone are the days…”

Dude I wanna do my best bugs bunny impersonation right here, and you deserve it.

Just exactly when did the politicians have this come to Jesus moment?

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
Wondering when that CDC woman is going to reverse her position on vaccinated people not wearing masks. Big official in the Florida condo collapse tested positive for COVID19 along with his side kick. He had a lot of meetings and conference meetings. A lot of testing happening now. At least six fire fighter rescuers tested positive also.

More than 125 people test positive after attending a church camp

Some doctors are saying that fully vaccinated people can have asymptomatic infections and spread the virus to others. Hard to know .... the only statistic they are interested in now is if a fully vaccinated person ends up in the hospital or dies. Even contact tracing has changed. Before, after each new infection, a lot of testing was done on all contacts. In our community, they have pretty well stopped doing that. In the last week in our small community, we had 24 new cases, and they have only done 26 tests.

I think CDC came out with the "vaccinated people don't need to wear masks" in attempt to get more cooperation from the unvaccinated population. The whole thing back fired as now nobody wears masks. It's going to get really ugly before it gets better. Right now, it is Delta, Delta, Delta. They don't even talk about the Lambda variant which has wreaked havoc in Peru and Brazil.
It's madness mate, sorry to hear this and your probably onto it, good intentions backfired. WHO did the same with masks when all this began. They stated masks were not needed to give time for federal govts to stock up for hospitals, frontline workers etc. There should have been stocks, in storage, ready to go, for exactly this. The Aussies were caught short also.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Stop bringing politicians into this discussion. Again this is about PERSONAL impact and it's verging off course. I've been seeing veiled attacks on some political figures and policies and that's not on no matter how much you disagree. The vaccination/infection discussion has run its course, it's coming back in the same circle.

Please keep the discussion to the impact covid is having on your personal lives. I discourage political debate on the topic as it's prohibited in the TOS of the site.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'll start

The third wave in South Africa seems to have lost some strength with infections dropping about 20%, but may spike with the latest unrest. My whole exam series was moved online now due to high cases in the area and the university itself, I'm unsure if I'll have in person classes again next semester

Reactions: jacktar
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store