Help with getting a car Phoenix and I can temporarily live in

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Hi my name is Sean. I am raising money for a vehicle that me and Phoenix can temporarily live in.

I am a twice over cancer survivor on social security disability. My rent got raised to an amount I can no longer pay. Along with a drastic reduction in snap food benefits creates a $500 dollar swing per month that I can't pay. So I need to get a vehicle to live in for a few months while homeless programs can get me into subsidized housing that I can afford.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What a damned shame.I'm sorry you are going through such a hardship.

Reactions: Jexnell

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If you don't mind my asking,are you a veteran?

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
If you don't mind my asking,are you a veteran?
I served from 89 to 99. I was on a one hour standby to goto DS1 in 91. My units theater of battle was Pacific ocean so held back incase North Korea decided it was a good time to get jumpy while we were busy in the desert. So I never served in the theater of war so no veterans benefits. Thoroughly looked into this when I got my cancer two years after separation from the Army.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
But you served so good enough for me....meanwhile the dope is flying hundreds of illegal aliens around the country in military planes and providing housing for them with COVID money....pisses me off.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've donated, didn't think twice about it. The car will just be a short term fix. The main thing is that your long term situation gets resolved.

Here's wishing a fellow fishkeeper all the best from across the pond:thumbsup:

Reactions: deeda and Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I've donated, didn't think twice about it. The car will just be a short term fix. The main thing is that your long term situation gets resolved.

Here's wishing a fellow fishkeeper all the best from across the pond:thumbsup:
That's why I am going this route, it's better in the long-term. Actually being "homeless" opens up many more state and federal programs to get you into affordable housing such as section 8 where you pay 15% of your income as rent.

Reactions: esoxlucius

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Wow, this is pretty crap to read. It’s a shame it’s come to this, it’s also weird you have to actually make yourself homeless before you can get any assistance, logically the govt might be better off preventing homelessness in the first place by building some affordable housing.

what sort of car are you looking at? Some type of van? Hope it’s safe to live that way where you are.

• Love
Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Wow, this is pretty crap to read. It’s a shame it’s come to this, it’s also weird you have to actually make yourself homeless before you can get any assistance, logically the govt might be better off preventing homelessness in the first place by building some affordable housing.

what sort of car are you looking at? Some type of van? Hope it’s safe to live that way where you are.
There is help for people still in a place, but it's help for rent/bills for a short amount of time, couple months. I have been on a section 8 waiting list for 8 years now and still 9000th person on the list. Homeless get bumped to the front.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store