Eco aquarium water purifier

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
So shopping for fish stuff I am now getting F/book sponsored adds on everything aquarium, which I usually ignore, but this one caught my attention.
Has anyone used this Eco Aquarium water purifier cube from primis choice? Have you heard of primis choice yourselves and would the cube be worth the cost at around $40. Looks to good to be true.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Looks like an ultra large block of possibly high quality carbon. I’m sure it works. I don’t think it’s necessary though

Reactions: jacktar

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
Looks like an ultra large block of possibly high quality carbon. I’m sure it works. I don’t think it’s necessary though
Thought so, paying that much it would be a one off, thanks for that

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah, they look like they're just a big block of activated carbon. I suspect mixed with some resin or something to allow them to form it to that shape.

The page says it's reusable by just rinsing it in warm water. Uhhh...No, not if it's carbon, maybe still reusable as a bio filter.

At least they're not particularly expensive if they're a good amount of carbon in them.

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
Yeah, they look like they're just a big block of activated carbon. I suspect mixed with some resin or something to allow them to form it to that shape.

The page says it's reusable by just rinsing it in warm water. Uhhh...No, not if it's carbon, maybe still reusable as a bio filter.

At least they're not particularly expensive if they're a good amount of carbon in them.
Ahhh ok, cheers for that. That's what got me scratching my head, how it could be reusable. Thanks mate!

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Ahhh ok, cheers for that. That's what got me scratching my head, how it could be reusable. Thanks mate!
Especially when they said the bad stuff adsorbs to it. That conflicts with the simply rinsing to get it working like new again. Rinsing can't unstick items that have been adsorbed. You need a chemical reaction (not water) and/or heat to break the bonds formed through adsorption.

jacktar

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2021
Especially when they said the bad stuff adsorbs to it. That conflicts with the simply rinsing to get it working like new again. Rinsing can't unstick items that have been adsorbed. You need a chemical reaction (not water) and/or heat to break the bonds formed through adsorption.
I think I will be ignoring these pop up sensational ad's and stick to putting heaps of different words in the google search thing. I have two dog's, I have lost count of how many friggin brilliant dog harnesses I should be using to keep them calm and mentally healthy during walkies. Aquarium products are dog products on steroids!
Thanks for that

• Haha
Reactions: Rocksor
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store