What specie is this koi called

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Very unique looking lol.
Yea, I think it’s just a super good quality platinum butterfly koi. The eyelash looking things are known as Pom poms and can be found on any type of goldfish it’s just a trait that some have abd some don’t. The barbels on the koi look like that probably because age.

Reactions: tlindsey

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
i thought a piece of flesh was hanging off it's face
Have you ever noticed how some fish have these small clear tubes or little rings around his nostrils, those are loose flesh growths that I believe help them sense chemicals in the water and in the case of the koi, all those are are his nostrils, that’s the simple way of explaining it.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Have you ever noticed how some fish have these small clear tubes or little rings around his nostrils, those are loose flesh growths that I believe help them sense chemicals in the water and in the case of the koi, all those are are his nostrils, that’s the simple way of explaining it.
Also wanna add this, flowerhorn are a popular show fish that is prized for his kok that’s is present do to the decades of interbreeding and genetic mutations, koi are also show fish, I think that like the kok of a flowerhorn. The Pom poms on koi have been specially bread by humans for humans.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Also wanna add this, flowerhorn are a popular show fish that is prized for his kok that’s is present do to the decades of interbreeding and genetic mutations, koi are also show fish, I think that like the kok of a flowerhorn. The Pom poms on koi have been specially bread by humans for humans.
I never seen a Butterfly Koi that looked like that years ago.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store