What are you cooking today.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I made my own version of Egg Foo Yung.I'll report back later on whether or not it makes me flatulent the way the take out stuff does.

• Haha
Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I made my own version of Egg Foo Yung.I'll report back later on whether or not it makes me flatulent the way the take out stuff does.
Lmao. You do that krich, keep us well posted on your bottom burps. I'm just glad I'll be reading about it thousands of miles away, and not witnessing it first hand, lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lmao. You do that krich, keep us well posted on your bottom burps. I'm just glad I'll be reading about it thousands of miles away, and not witnessing it first hand, lol.
Bottom Burps...that's a new one to me,learn something everyday lol!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
1D2ABB21-6B91-48DC-9ACC-9DA2F537A14B.jpeg
Got some soy sauce, brown sugar, butter garlic and red pepper marinade on some salmon today!

• Love
Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Today I’m trying flathead catfish for the first time. I’ve heard it’s by far better than any other catfish you can eat and I’m not a huge fan of catfish but have high hopes for this. When I was filleting him one thing I noticed that has never happened before is that he didn’t move or squirm and he was really tense and when I had the fillets off they were still twitching from the nerves which I hope will make the meat tougher and also the meat is already a lot firmer and actually smells like largemouth bass. Also this is my first time filleting this type of catfish and first time filleting in a while so I really didn’t get as much meat as I expected but I’m happy with the amount I got 91E81F99-FE3F-4432-A660-8FBF2B29D699.jpegimage.jpg

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Today I’m trying flathead catfish for the first time. I’ve heard it’s by far better than any other catfish you can eat and I’m not a huge fan of catfish but have high hopes for this. When I was filleting him one thing I noticed that has never happened before is that he didn’t move or squirm and he was really tense and when I had the fillets off they were still twitching from the nerves which I hope will make the meat tougher and also the meat is already a lot firmer and actually smells like largemouth bass. Also this is my first time filleting this type of catfish and first time filleting in a while so I really didn’t get as much meat as I expected but I’m happy with the amount I got View attachment 1474950View attachment 1474951
Don't you just love when your fillets are moving around in the pan.

• Haha
Reactions: Rtc/tsn

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Today I’m trying flathead catfish for the first time. I’ve heard it’s by far better than any other catfish you can eat and I’m not a huge fan of catfish but have high hopes for this. When I was filleting him one thing I noticed that has never happened before is that he didn’t move or squirm and he was really tense and when I had the fillets off they were still twitching from the nerves which I hope will make the meat tougher and also the meat is already a lot firmer and actually smells like largemouth bass. Also this is my first time filleting this type of catfish and first time filleting in a while so I really didn’t get as much meat as I expected but I’m happy with the amount I got View attachment 1474950View attachment 1474951
What the hell are you doing with that catfish in that first pic!!!! Lmao!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
It smells amazing. The smell is similar to Chinese take out. Don’t know why but that’s what it makes me think of image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store