expensive cats?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Bengal Cats are up there. My aunt (who works at a zoo) took care of a Serval and Serval x Black-footed car. She’s a trainer. These cats are obtainable. My cats are Wirehair x Longhair crossbreeds.

D29F0D0F-7F0D-4BDB-8C64-9B28D1780F98.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I have a Savannah. They come in "F" numbers. F1 being a cross between a Serval and a Bengal, down to F7 which are really "diluted".

I think ours is an F6, so quite far from the bloodline of the pure wild serval, so you'd think you've got a safe bet with a pretty ordinary cat.....absolutely NOT!!!

Those wild Serval traits are with them, whichever "F" number you get. Ours is about 6 years old now. When he was younger he was a right handful, still can be at times. I'm so glad we got a really diluted strain and not an F1 or F2. I could only imagine what those cats would be like.

They recommend an outside enclosure for the lower "F" numbers, and after having to put up with a troublesome F6 I can fully understand why, they really are a million miles from your bog standard house cat.

IMG_20210515_223945_HDR.jpg

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I always find my cats in need and take them in. Found one at a self car-wash abandoned as a kitten. Another I would feed on my back porch and eventually tamed. I would recommend anybody who wants a cat, to try and rescue one, there are way too many out there that need a home.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I always find my cats in need and take them in. Found one at a self car-wash abandoned as a kitten. Another I would feed on my back porch and eventually tamed. I would recommend anybody who wants a cat, to try and rescue one, there are way too many out there that need a home.
That’s how my aunt gets hers. She takes in strays (never more than one permanent at a time) and takes care of them. The first one she had followed her home, earning it the name “puppy.”
Much later she took in a pregnant stray, and gave her (I think?) and the kittens away. She kept one:
FBB2998E-84B1-490F-A6F1-8B16E7C590D8.jpeg
I swear it acts more like a dog than her dog…besides the jumping on everything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store