quick question involving plants and bgk

aidenboyjon

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2021
Japan
what's a safe plant fetilizer for ancient fish?
I only use sand substrate for natural looks
Bacopa is the plant I want to add liquid ferts for
I am looking for something safe for ancient/skin fish.
not in the same tanks obviously but example fish are black ghost knife, boney mountain eel, poly endli, oscar
I have never used ferts and I don't want to fall down the slippery slope of dedicating more towards plant care than my fish, so I am going to do thje minimum for the plants and just liquid fert adding. best fert recommendations and possibly dosage?

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
Sorry to bother you, but what exactly is a bony mountain eel? Any pics? I may know it when I see it, but I am not familiar with that particular name

Reactions: aidenboyjon

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
what's a safe plant fetilizer for ancient fish?
I only use sand substrate for natural looks
Bacopa is the plant I want to add liquid ferts for
I am looking for something safe for ancient/skin fish.
not in the same tanks obviously but example fish are black ghost knife, boney mountain eel, poly endli, oscar
I have never used ferts and I don't want to fall down the slippery slope of dedicating more towards plant care than my fish, so I am going to do thje minimum for the plants and just liquid fert adding. best fert recommendations and possibly dosage?
Seachem flourish and coop all in one good. Most fertz are safe to use.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I too would suggest Flourish and a root tab under each bunch, just at the beginning. In my experience with Bacopa in established tanks, unless fish are eating it, or actively uprooting it, it grows quite easily and it is prolific. Even floating pieces seem to grow well if not too much current. Not thirsty or hungry for fertilizers.

aidenboyjon

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2021
Japan
I too would suggest Flourish and a root tab under each bunch, just at the beginning. In my experience with Bacopa in established tanks, unless fish are eating it, or actively uprooting it, it grows quite easily and it is prolific. Even floating pieces seem to grow well if not too much current. Not thirsty or hungry for fertilizers.
the oscars unfortunately like to uproot plants, but i have noticed they dont really touch the ones with established roots and slightly longer stalks. my main concern is i think i am witnessing nutrient deficiency in almost all of the plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store