Sunny - My Bearded Dragon - Had Life Saving Surgery

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Is that the guy who had the show on Nat geo?
He was on TV,I don't recall which channel.
Not sure If this is a joke. He was not on tv, tho I wouldn’t mind that. A prestige vet. I forget his name, but he is really good. He worked on an elephant that had breast cancer. He has done new revolutionary things. He’s an exotic animal surgeon To be precise. Ahh! His name is something like Bryan bower.
It was a joke but it sounds like Dr. Bower could have his own tv show too.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Hello. Sad update.

A few days ago, I found him l his foam ‘rock’ not moving, with his eyes shut. I immediately opened his cage. Keep in mind. This was at 9PM, and Sunday night. He was kinda week. I couldn’t really tell, as lizards don’t show a lot of emotion. There wasn’t anybody who could take him. The next day, he pulled through the night. I took him. I skipped half of school. They couldn’t find anything. They took blood, spit, and something else for testing results were inconclusive. Nextday, we took him back for more testing. Waiting to hear back. They gave him injections to help for pain, and they gave him antibiotics because he could’ve had a ‘seizure’ kind of thing. They said that he could have a blood infection. However, he perked up. He’s been acting great. I think this one is my fault. I told him I fed him a wild tomato worm. However, tomatoes are nightshades, and are poisonous to most animals. When a wild tomato worm eats the leaves, there is a chance that the animal could be poisoned. The poison would not show up on the test, which could be why it’s inconclusive. Anyway, he’s been doing great. He’s on 2 oral antibiotics, 2 injectable ones (including the seizure med), and 1 ’goo spread’ to put directly onto his teeth.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry that happened, glad to hear he’s on the road to recovery (again) though!

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
It’s amazing how complacent he looks there! Looks like you did a good job with taming him!
Are the white patches on the face and tail just sand stuck there or anything else?
He sits with me while doing homework, and I used to watch tv with him.

The white stuff is old shedding. On the face, it’s dried up antibiotics because he makes a fuss with the first one.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Wow what a journey you and your beardie went through
Amazing read

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com