Needing some advice

TrueReaper03

Feeder Fish
Nov 24, 2021
Hi I am new,

I have a Redfin Cactus pleco that is maybe 6-7 inches. I have had him for nearly 4 months. He has been hiding a lot and I was getting concerned that I never see him eat or he is ever active. Now to describe the tank its a 75 gallon tank, large piece of drift wood in the center and several medium (soft ball size) rocks about, and his medium to large pleco cave. His only tank mate right now is a fast growing silver arrow (arowana) 14inch. My arrow has never shown interest in him but I assumed that was a reason he never really came out. water parameters are good we do weekly to by-weekly water changes, and the light is on a timer so its all regulated and an okay set up. I feel like he could have a better home and a better tank I just dont know what to do for him. I dont think he is getting enough to eat as well... so hence my dilemma. Anything will help and thank you..

P.S. arrow is being moved to a 220 gallon in the next month, I am currently building the fish room to house him and our cichlids breeding set up to the garage.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi I am new,

I have a Redfin Cactus pleco that is maybe 6-7 inches. I have had him for nearly 4 months. He has been hiding a lot and I was getting concerned that I never see him eat or he is ever active. Now to describe the tank its a 75 gallon tank, large piece of drift wood in the center and several medium (soft ball size) rocks about, and his medium to large pleco cave. His only tank mate right now is a fast growing silver arrow (arowana) 14inch. My arrow has never shown interest in him but I assumed that was a reason he never really came out. water parameters are good we do weekly to by-weekly water changes, and the light is on a timer so its all regulated and an okay set up. I feel like he could have a better home and a better tank I just dont know what to do for him. I dont think he is getting enough to eat as well... so hence my dilemma. Anything will help and thank you..

P.S. arrow is being moved to a 220 gallon in the next month, I am currently building the fish room to house him and our cichlids breeding set up to the garage.
Welcome aboard
Like you stated the Pleco may be staying out of the way of the Arowana. What are you feeding the Pleco?

TrueReaper03

Feeder Fish
Nov 24, 2021
Welcome aboard
Like you stated the Pleco may be staying out of the way of the Arowana. What are you feeding the Pleco?
I tried shrimp, and other meaty pleco food (sinking pellets and meaty rapashy stuff) I get it if he has just been scared but should I just move him for the time being?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I tried shrimp, and other meaty pleco food (sinking pellets and meaty rapashy stuff) I get it if he has just been scared but should I just move him for the time being?
Yes move and maybe try adding the Pleco later when it grows bigger if you want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store