API Dechlorinator?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Not sure if anyone else has run into this, but whenever I've used the API Dechlorinator after a water change in about an hour I get massive microbubbles that coat tank walls...almost looks like the tanks are covered in white fungus and you can barely see the fish. By the next day it completely clears up. Have no idea what causes this.

Don't have this issue at all with Stress Coat.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
I get the same reaction in one of my tanks during a water change too but im using seachem safe its not happening in other tanks. Its kind of weird

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Is this from the Tapwater Conditioner or another product of theirs?

Randles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2021
UK
I only ever get this if I leave my external filter on and fill it back up with a swan neck going back in as the splashing from the external and swan neck cause micro bubbles but they don't last long. The only thing I have found 100% causes this is API Melafix. Whenever I use that I get loads of micro bubbles that can last for quite some time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Tapwater conditioner...I have no explanation for the 'white slime effect.' I used up the last of it so its back to the stress coat.
Very interesting,I have been using that for years and have yet to see such a result.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I had this happen to me using the generic tap water conditioner from DrFosterSmith (bought out by Petco). Switched to a different brand it went away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store