Aug 31, 2020
“Safety first!”
“Grandpa, you’re going from the kitchen to the living room”

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
What do you reckon Ulu Ulu . If they decided to resurrect the old "CHiPs" police series we could play a starring role! Lol. Though you'd have to get yourself some lycra first, lol.

IMG_20220227_094825_HDR.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I think you need to start a biker gang.

• Haha
Reactions: esoxlucius

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Esox, If I ever saw you coming in that outfit I’d pretend I didn’t know who you were!

Actually you represent a very large segment of the bicycling population here, which is the high-performance extremist bicycling group.

It doesn’t matter what style of bicycling they enjoy, they will participate in the most extreme way possible.

The second large segment of our bicycling population is casual bicyclists and casual bicycle commuters. These are people not dedicated to any particular bicycle or brand of gear. They don’t dress up much for the occasion except to maybe wear a helmet.

They’re out for a little fresh air and exercise, they’re going to the mini-mart, or they’re going to work.

The third, and fortunately smallest segment, is the hobo lifestyle homeless bicycling drug addict population.

These are people who have dropped out of society far enough that they no longer have a driver’s license or a car or even a regular room to live in somewhere. They get enough money somehow by recycling old beer cans.

When the weather is nice you can see them hanging out everywhere and when the weather is bad they are hiding under a bridge.

Anyhow Esox definitely belongs to population one and I am definitely in population two.

No one in population one would ever ride a 45 pound bicycle (unless that was their special form of extreme bicycling.)

Nobody in population three has the energy to ride a 45 pound bicycle. Those guys aren’t looking for exercise. They’re just trying to shake off the DTs.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Esox, If I ever saw you coming in that outfit I’d pretend I didn’t know who you were!
That is the beauty of riding with all the gear on, total anonymity.

That picture was taken a while ago and by looking at the gear I had on, full length bib shorts, balaclava and neoprene overshoes, it must have been just before a cold day ride.

Warm weather gear is substantially less than in that picture. Plenty of bare skin on warm days!

One item of clothing never changes though, good or bad weather, and that is my helmet. With my cycling glasses too it's this part of the whole attire that affords me the anonymity that is crucial if you want to ride around unnoticed.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
1654630824116.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
"hey Bob, there's a dude over there with a camera."

"Never mind the dude with the camera, there's a squirrel up there throwing nuts at us...OUCH! Right in my eye!"

• Haha

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ah, that hits the spot. I could really go for a massage right now, shame I ate the masseuse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store