How to prepare tilapia for fish

The Lost Tapes

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hello, how do I prepare tilapia I bought today to feed to my fish, 3 bichirs, 2 pictus catfish and a SA Lungfish. Does it need to be cooked/seasoned/prepared in any way before feeding? And as a secondary question, is freezedried krill and such foods good for large predators?
Since this is a general question I figure I would ask here

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Hello, how do I prepare tilapia I bought today to feed to my fish, 3 bichirs, 2 pictus catfish and a SA Lungfish. Does it need to be cooked/seasoned/prepared in any way before feeding? And as a secondary question, is freezedried krill and such foods good for large predators?
Since this is a general question I figure I would ask here
Has it been frozen? Since it's FW and usually farmed in pretty nasty conditions I'd be worried about parasites if not. Otherwise, Chop it up into appropriately sized pieces and throw it in the tank. Done.

Reactions: tlindsey

The Lost Tapes

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2021
Has it been frozen? Since it's FW and usually farmed in pretty nasty conditions I'd be worried about parasites if not. Otherwise, Chop it up into appropriately sized pieces and throw it in the tank. Done.
It is frozen yes. Should I cook it since I got it marked down at the store since I figure that its probably not that good.

The Lost Tapes

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2021
If I cook it should it be cooked in garlic and oil? I know garlic is good at attracting fish especially ones like Bichirs and Lungfish which are not visual hunters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store