300 gal advice

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
you have a bleeding cut on ur hand and you put it in the water; would the piranhas attack?

• Haha
Reactions: Simonas

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
you have a bleeding cut on ur hand and you put it in the water; would the piranhas attack?
Frankly I don’t want to be the one to find out, but my readings have shown that they are excited by blood similar to sharks.

Reactions: Simonas

Dawgz

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2006
NJ
common pleco - id get a bigger 5” er or so if you can and provide a hide... it will probably get eaten eventually-

but that’s the only thing i’ve had success in mixing with pygos

think corys will be snacks for sure...

GL

but ya Aquascape is prolly the only outfit or maybe ebay -

not much p’s around these days

Aquascam isn't the only place any more. There are two other big players these days.

Advin Fishbox:

Jorge:
Nationwide Aquatics

They both have piranhas at reasonable prices. Much more varieties than Aquascape carries these days as well

Last edited:
Reactions: dr exum

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
This tank is unreal, I thoroughly enjoyed that thread

Been a long time since an update do you still have them ?

I kept them once about 20 years ago but seeing a thread like this makes me wnt to give them another go

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
im surprised no one has mentioned the first set of pics. that 1 seam looks like its ready to fail. im suprised the tank lasted as long as it has lol. ticking time bomb forsure.

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
This tank is unreal, I thoroughly enjoyed that thread

Been a long time since an update do you still have them ?

I kept them once about 20 years ago but seeing a thread like this makes me wnt to give them another go
. Coming up on 3 years, still all 18 in there. Pothos is out of control and a fern started growing out of the drift wood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store