300 gal advice

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
I love how they school together also no aggression. When the lights are out they spread over the whole tank. Temp is high seventies, not above 80. Food is freshwater fish. I own a restaurant so I get cases of fish at a time. So far they have eaten tilapia, catfish and baramundi. I read seafood is a no no so I stick with freshwater food. I feed fish every other day a few massivore pellets on off days. 50% water change once a month has worked so far. Tank was set up for stingrays so turnover is almost 10 times an hour very high flow. 75 gallon sump. Never test PH?
I rotate tilapia, catfish, shrimp, silversides, krill and occasional beef heart. Feed mine once in the afternoon daily as they are only about 5 months old. Will probably switch to every other day when their growth slows down. I am jealous that you can get away with a wc once a month. Keep my tank at about 77. I hope to have the same luck as you with my shoal. Thanks for sharing.

Dawgz

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2006
NJ
Ther are a bunch of vendors other than aquascape that you can get piranhas from these days.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Now you’re making me jealous...
Beautiful shoal!

hondasbk

Feeder Fish
Jun 4, 2021
Looks great I’m looking at picking up a new 8’x24”x24” tank from a local guy who can’t get it in the house on the cheap. I had a 220 10 years ago with a great pygo shoal.

A&A

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2020
. 11 months View attachment 1469636 We had a casualty, he was off by himself yesterday then this morning this was left. I should of separated when I noticed him acting off.
Great shoal! I was just about to say how I am still amazed by how calm the group is. Even during their feeding. Then I scrolled a bit lower and saw the victim.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store