• Water pet

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
I currently have both and love them equally. They each have their pro's and con's. Watching a community setup can be hypnotizing and there's no better stress reliever than sitting in front of my 125, to get lost in the aquarium. On the other hand, there's something appealing about raising a fish in pristine conditions and truly experiencing the full potential of the specimen. As long as I can always keep a minimum of 2 aquariums, I'll always have both.

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
What about the lyonsi? You didn't even mention them haha. Overdue for an update unless I missed one haha
Sorry for the derail, had to call him out
Update coming this weekend. I know I've been saying that for atleast a month but I mean it for real this time! Can't currently call them wet pets since there's still 7 of them together in the 125.

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Combination of both. I like community tanks if I want a nice aquascaped aquarium that the lady would enjoy looking at, filled with cute little fish. But I also like a single tank dedicated to a good looking bruiser who will chase my finger around and keep me on my toes during water changes.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I like having a tank full of fish, keeps me entertained watching everyone doing there own thing

thiswasgone

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2014
California
I love both, but since I only have so much time and money I choose the wet pet. Having a beautiful monster swim solo bare bottom is much easier on me and my wallet.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I prefer community to some degree. I liked my betta but I like having a group of fish together, but I'm leaning towards biotope tanks. My 15 is an Asian theme tank fishwise and my 70 I'm preparing to go full west African plants and oddball fish.

I'm not dedicating a large tank to a single fish at this point

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
A well aquascaped biotope of fish found together in nature.
I love these tanks, although I don't have access to fish on a level to achieve that. But I'm wanting to do all fish found in similar regions, it's close enough for me

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I enjoy both, but if I could only keep one tank I would probably go wet pet or pair since I get far more attached to large outgoing fish.

Reactions: DBLN8

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
Wet pet! I don't have to worry about feeding, fighting, fish stressing each other out. My Trimac has been by himself for 2+ years from 1.5" to 13" not a scale out of place, no scars, no ripped/ nipped fins. I love to look at and admire the community tanks especially the locale specific set ups, I have a lot of respect for those that do them right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store