My 540 -- Pics -- Mostly Vieja

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Thanks alot y'all.

The Zonatus are 2 years old, they gotta be a foot long. They play nice with everybody. Now, everyday, one of the 3 will turn white and do the flaring up/staring down a fish, but no lip locking, no real fights.....so far.

There's very little fin damage, not many fights. Just the flaring. They all do it at one time or another, and as they all get older, they do it a little more often. The Zonatus do it about the same as the others in the tank.

I guess I'd say there's lots of aggression going on, but little violence. I think it's because the tank's big enough for them to turn around and go away before it gets really violent--so that's what they do.
I've been asked a few times what's aggression like in this tank. It happens daily now, so it's gotten worse as more of these fish reach adulthood. But, there's no injuries, there's no real fights, fins aren't all torn up on the big fish in the tank.

But, it's hard to capture it on video because if I come up with a phone to record it, they'll stop.....until now. so, it pretty much looks like this in this tank.

Did you get any of your synspilum from Dan at COA? Was curious what they look like before I order a few

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Both of em. The "Belize Syn" used to be bottom of the pecking order, I almost took him out. Now he's top dog and looks nice. Go back through this thread and you can watch his progress. I've had him over a year now.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
The latest update....

5 "newer" Argentea are starting to catch up with the 2 original Argentea I had in this tank. There's been no more Argentea murders since I moved them into this tank from the 125.

I had 2 Zonatus, I found one at the top of the tank with almost every scale gone--poor thing. But, that's the "circle of life" I guess. So, I'm down to 1 Zonatus now, and he's HUGE. Mean, too.

The Regani are finally starting to get some color and size.

The Breidhori looks like he's quit growing at about 8 inches. He's not quite the monster my last Breidhori was. We'll see if this one grows up any more. Maybe I'll put him in a tank by himself to see if lack of competition will push him along?

The 2 Trimac's in this tank are not growing, and they're at each other's throats all the time. 1 is male, 1 is female. I'm thinking seriously about putting the female in my 125 with the Big Trimac in there. Maybe I'll get a spawn, though the male Trimac in my 125 is so crazy, I might not chance it.

Aquascape....I really need to do something. I'm thinking I'll grow some water lettuce on the surface, and add a rock pile or two maybe? Just something to change it up even a little.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
sorry...forgot to "publish"...

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington