Damn it, Jaws

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
With the way my overflow is set up, my polys can sit on the glass brace, as there's 4" of water above it. I find the two Sens use it the most.

Which species of poly hide? I would prefer to get more active ones.
For me it's moke, retro weeksii, and palmas palmas. Always hidden.

Reactions: clm08k

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Nope never had those fish, but im planning to biy some and slowly turn my sons 65g into a upper jaw poly tank, then ill upgrade to 125g when they all grow up. So far he has 4 polys in the tank, 2 senegal and 2 albino, he had 3 senegal but i accidentally killed one yesterday while doing WC, the sen went inside the phyton vacuum and couldn't save it.
Will normal and Albino Sens treat each other as the same species? I was originally thinking about upping my Sen group to 5, but I may do 3 normal Sens and 3 Albinos.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Nope never had those fish, but im planning to biy some and slowly turn my sons 65g into a upper jaw poly tank, then ill upgrade to 125g when they all grow up. So far he has 4 polys in the tank, 2 senegal and 2 albino, he had 3 senegal but i accidentally killed one yesterday while doing WC, the sen went inside the phyton vacuum and couldn't save it.
Will I run into compatibility issues with Upper and Lower jaw species?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
With the way my overflow is set up, my polys can sit on the glass brace, as there's 4" of water above it. I find the two Sens use it the most.

Which species of poly hide? I would prefer to get more active ones.
I had a beuttikoferi before and it likes to hide, some people say retropinnis, beuttikoferi and mokelembembe hides alot, some sat weeksii like to hide too, but depends on the individuals. Ive heard stories that when they reach certain lenght they out in the open, if you have less hiding spot then you might see them often too. My old 75g have less hiding place but the beuttikoferi hide under the poly pile.

Will I run into compatibility issues with Upper and Lower jaw species?
You wont have any problem with them aslong as the upper jaws have some lenght and grith, i always recommend growing upper jaws first before getting lower jaws. Upper jaws sometime grow slow which lower jaws grows fast. I had a bad experience when my 75g broke and i had to put all my upper jaws with the big polys, this is what happened

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Get a Palmas Polli if you want an active one!

I agree, Ropes like to be in groups of 3+.

Mine were more stubborn to eat pellets but always went for silversides, krill, live earthworms. I soak my pellets in bloodworm cubes while they thaw and that is what got the ropes on pellets. They still far prefer the "real" food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store