Damn it, Jaws

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
2 inches 4 inches doesnt make a difference these fish can hit the lids on my tank when im doing a fin level water change that probably over 20 inches.

Dont do chicken wire either it will caue injuries
To true! Get a proper lid. I had one of mine go through egg crate so if they are small don't count on that stopping them, and larger one hurt themselves on in too so something smooth and clear. Glass, polycarb=(has poly right in its name), Plexi, lexan are all good options. Look for the polycarb they build green houses from it comes in different thicknesses and is pretty ridged. A 4x8 sheet of the thinner stuff at menards is less then $20, and like I said its ridged and transmits 90% of light...Which I thought wow that's cutting out 10% but standard glass cuts more then that. While not as good as open top for lighting it way safer to stop carpet surfing.(not a safe poly pastime)

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
To true! Get a proper lid. I had one of mine go through egg crate so if they are small don't count on that stopping them, and larger one hurt themselves on in too so something smooth and clear. Glass, polycarb=(has poly right in its name), Plexi, lexan are all good options. Look for the polycarb they build green houses from it comes in different thicknesses and is pretty ridged. A 4x8 sheet of the thinner stuff at menards is less then $20, and like I said its ridged and transmits 90% of light...Which I thought wow that's cutting out 10% but standard glass cuts more then that. While not as good as open top for lighting it way safer to stop carpet surfing.(not a safe poly pastime)
lol at the "carpet surfing." Definitely agree with the polycarbonate. Jaws also suggested that earlier. Cheapest one is $14 at Lowe's. Would have gotten that instead of acrylic if the home building section wasn't roped off when I went. Still might go back and get some.

Any suggestions on how to cut it?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
lol at the "carpet surfing." Definitely agree with the polycarbonate. Jaws also suggested that earlier. Cheapest one is $14 at Lowe's. Would have gotten that instead of acrylic if the home building section wasn't roped off when I went. Still might go back and get some.

Any suggestions on how to cut it?
Its kind of a pain to cut. I used a dremel. The guy at Menards said A fine tooth circular saw.... Still working that part out to make it nice

Reactions: clm08k

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Lighting isn't important on the 210, because if they don't die from the lighting, they will from the cichlids.

I'll try to get a lid for the 210 as soon as I can, but I may not be able to get one for a couple of weeks because I'll be out of town on Friday.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Moving time. (took me two days to catch the damn thing)

I moved all the Polypterus over to the 210 a few days ago. The teugelsi was ready, but I the Sens were moved over a few weeks early. I would have preferred to keep them in longer, but I recently got a Goby for the 16 that I didn't want them killing. Thankfully even with their size, I haven't had any issues with the smaller Sens in the 210 (probably 2"-2.5").

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store