Highback golden arowana

Sashika Madubashitha

Feeder Fish
Jan 23, 2016
Hello my friends. Im new to arowana keeping. I bought highback golden arowana yesterday. Can you help me for these topics.
1. What are the foods i should use for maximise his colours. And how many times per day i should feed. ( arowana is 7 inches.)
2. What are the lights i should use to get maximum colours for my arowana and how many hours per day.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I know a lot of people here feed their aro's stuff like Hikari Brand - massivore / carni-sticks

Then you can also add in insects such as centepedes / crickets / earthworms etc... just make sure they come from a pesticide free garden...

Anyway, what size tank you housing this aro in? And got any pics of the beast?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
For colour superworms and frogs with pellets (massivote is fine) but there are a lot of arowana pellets on the market now for exactly what you want

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Personally I wouldn't worry to much. A high backs colour will only become so good

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I'm looking for info like this for mine.
I've started a few threads but I ain't getting no love

I feed my large worms carrots to try inhance my aros red but I'm still searching for other ways/ ideas on how to inhance his colour as I'm fully against useing tanning bulbs

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I feed large worms carrots before I feed to my RTG as I've been told it will help with the red colouring in him. I'm also looking for any advice on how to colour him up.

I feed my crickets, meal worms, locust, mussel, and the odd pinky here and there.

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I'm looking for info like this for mine.
I've started a few threads but I ain't getting no love

I feed my large worms carrots to try inhance my aros red but I'm still searching for other ways/ ideas on how to inhance his colour as I'm fully against useing tanning bulbs

I am also not very experienced but the more experienced members have replied to the question on tanning an RTG....
As far as i understood they said you dont tan an RTG, feed it well and be patient as the gold will come in time

I also have an RTG and a High back gold and thats what i am doing.. feeding the best i can and being patient... not easy.. i know.. but thats what the guys say

Reactions: RealCrix220

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
That seems like all we can do, I don't want to tan mine as it can damage the fish I'd rather do it naturally

Thanks for the info

Reactions: MariaS

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
this is my input.. for xback/RTG/SHB...as the color is gold, feeding carrots does not doing anything in terms of color, it will be useful for Red aros instead .. same as those color enhancing pellets or prawns

if you want the color to intensify, you can try placing it in a all black tank instead and place the tank where some sunlight can shin onto it...... other than that, nothing much you can do...

Reactions: MariaS

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
Even tho hi back red tail golden has red tail.
What your saying is that I can't inhance the red in his tail

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store