native dream tank possible?

geoffish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2017
Don't know of any pay lakes here. Probably going to order from Jonah's aquarium unless anybody has any better ideas. That Sachs guy doesn't respond to my emails.

PatrickMW36

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
Chicago
Emailed the dnr in my state. I don't even need a permit for any native fish. I just have to buy them legally. I know where to buy the ones I'm looking for. Except shadow bass, haven't found a source for those. Now I'm thinking of adding a grass pickerel. Hell if they only get a foot long they won't be able to eat my pumkinseed or my warmouth. Or will they?
My pickerel eat minnows and cut up frozen fish. They are like opposites of catfish they prefer smaller food they won't be able to swallow a wide fish like sunfish.

PatrickMW36

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
Chicago
Emailed the dnr in my state. I don't even need a permit for any native fish. I just have to buy them legally. I know where to buy the ones I'm looking for. Except shadow bass, haven't found a source for those. Now I'm thinking of adding a grass pickerel. Hell if they only get a foot long they won't be able to eat my pumkinseed or my warmouth. Or will they?
My pickerel eat minnows and cut up frozen fish. They are like opposites of catfish they prefer smaller food they won't be able to swallow a wide fish like sunfish.

Reactions: geoffish

geoffish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2017
Plan has changed to warmouth, pumpkinseed, dollar sunfish, orange spotted sunfish, and grass pickerel. Problem is I want males for the color but is it cruel to not allow them to have females? Will they fight too much with females present? Can I do a male and female of each species. I'm not trying to breed them but I'll be keeping them for life, and it seems mean and cruel to me to not allow them acesss to ladies lol.

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
Sunfish get after each other a little but nothing to crazy in my experience. Pickerel never fight each other just have to worry about them eating each other. especially when they are small and growing. I have several small grass pickerel and have lost a few to being eaten by another not much bigger then itself. Some for whatever reason grow a lot faster then others. Very cool fish though. I've had no luck at all getting them to eat anything other then live feeder fish.

Reactions: geoffish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store