urgent plumbing help!!!

Jez1992

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
UK
Are you sure you have the right size pipe work?
You should not have water leaking between the outside of the pipe and the inside of the bulkhead?
But I have never used these slip type ones so could be wrong.
Don't solvent weld the screw thread as you will never get it apart again if you ever need to.
Good luck
Cheers mate.

I called the company today and apparently you are supposed to use one pipe which goes the whole way through the bulkhead, so the same pipe as the drain and then plumbing underneath. and then the screw underneath makes it water tight.

so going to have to buy a load more pieces tonight as have cut all the pipework to how I thought it should have been lol will just use some coupler's to sort it out to sonething

Reactions: JK47

Jez1992

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
UK
Are you sure you have the right size pipe work?
You should not have water leaking between the outside of the pipe and the inside of the bulkhead?
But I have never used these slip type ones so could be wrong.
Don't solvent weld the screw thread as you will never get it apart again if you ever need to.
Good luck
Cheers mate.

I called the company today and apparently you are supposed to use one pipe which goes the whole way through the bulkhead, so the same pipe as the drain and then plumbing underneath. and then the screw underneath makes it water tight.

so going to have to buy a load more pieces tonight as have cut all the pipework to how I thought it should have been lol will just use some coupler's to sort it out to sonething

Reactions: jim barry

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Cool, I am sure you will sort it out. I don't like the sound of those bulkheads though

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
hi mate,

I had to order a load more plumbing pieces to redo it which should be coming tomorrow so tank is still not running!

fingers crossed as sat looking at it full of water but not running Is so painful lol
Best of luck mate sure it will work itself out

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store