what's in the QT?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Yeah, Vals and swords are planted in the substrate. Anubias and java ferns not. You can tie them to a rock or DW to look like they're planted though!

Cut leaves that aren't mostly whole like this one. Cut as close to the base as you can with sharp scissors.
View attachment 1254153

Or anything that looks melted like the curvy one here. You can cut just below the melted spot, not nec. The whole leaf unless it all looks sad.
View attachment 1254154

I personally wouldn't worry about the frayed edges of the vals.
Thanks, Mags! :) I really appreciate the specifics: will do some trimming when I get home. I never knew about the planting in substrate vs. roots out plants. In regards to the burning, could it be that the plants are too close to the heater?

Reactions: magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks guys! Yeah sens are pretty neat. I ordered 3 polys. They Wil be here tomorrow or Thursday.POLY TIME y'all! :D

For covering the gaps in my lid, what would be the easiest material to cut? Egg crate or polycarbonate? Will swing by the store tonight so I can get everything secure for tomorrow.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Sorry, "melting" is a term that planted aquarium nerds use. It's not literally melting as in too close to heat, just what happens when they don't get enough light typically. They just get sort of mushy.

Yay, polys!

You might want to check your parameters daily for awhile when they get there, just to be safe!

Reactions: clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Polycarb would be easiest. Get the cheapest sheet HD or lowes has cut it out with a scissor and duct tape down

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I went to Menards Sunday good selection of polycarb. I'm going to get some for the 180 may go Thursday so I can cap off the over head sump a little better too. Its good now with the wrapped egg crate and Lucifer is back in we will see.

Reactions: clm08k and jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store