what's in the QT?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
As long as the rhizome is in good shape on the anubias it can grow back. Just in case you don't know the rhizome is the thick green part of the plant that the roots and the leave stems grow out of. Make sure you don't bury this part when planting, roots only or don't plant it at all. The anubias I have in my tank does better if I don't plant the roots.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Hard to say if the plants will live. If you have dead leaves clip them off so it can focus its energy to the healthier ones. Pics?
I can take some pics of the Val's and the swords. They look okay. Val's I'm not sure what to do(tops look kinda shredded and dying. They did have a runner sprout though! Anubias leaves all fell off on day two. They were looking dead when I got them.....don't know if I will buy plants from them again....
2"will take some pics when I get home. lol I have no idea how to trim leaves or plants :p

Reactions: magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
As long as the rhizome is in good shape on the anubias it can grow back. Just in case you don't know the rhizome is the thick green part of the plant that the roots and the leave stems grow out of. Make sure you don't bury this part when planting, roots only or don't plant it at all. The anubias I have in my tank does better if I don't plant the roots.
Yeah I don't think they are. Two seemed to fall off the bulbs and the other ones are brown.....to be fair I think I bought them dead. Should I search in the sand for bulb remains? Will they rot?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I can take some pics of the Val's and the swords. They look okay. Val's I'm not sure what to do(tops look kinda shredded and dying. They did have a runner sprout though! Anubias leaves all fell off on day two. They were looking dead when I got them.....don't know if I will buy plants from them again....
2"will take some pics when I get home. lol I have no idea how to trim leaves or plants :p
With the heater guard. Great point! Dr.@kn04te mentioned that too! The one I got was a little cheap, plastic Chinese one.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store