Super King Kong Brutes

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Great looking line there pal, look show ready!-)

Reactions: koltsixx

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Great looking line there pal, look show ready!-)
Thank you very much justarn.

Looking good, Kolt!
Thanks RD. Supposedly the second one is from Happy Breed but I didn't get any paper work. I can't say for sure because of that but this is the first time I know of this vendor saying he got a fish from Happy Breed. Usually he's pretty open telling me when they're from another "Mammon" breeder.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I honestly don't know what to believe about Happy Breed these days. There was a time several yrs ago when all Happy Breed fish came with a cert, and were microchipped with cert # matching chip #. Easy to check with a scanner, which most dealers in Asian aros already own. Also, at one time, possibly still today, one could check the Happy Breed website to verify chip #.

And some of you might remember this;

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/red-mammons-from-happy-breed.223447/

Around that same time a bunch of Happy Breed fish were imported into Toronto LFS, and they too all came with microchips, and matching certs.

flamingice

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2012
NY
Hey kolt! Nice fish!! Were those from monster aquarium?? Is their natural color really that red or more orange-ish? Do their colors fade at all?

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I honestly don't know what to believe about Happy Breed these days. There was a time several yrs ago when all Happy Breed fish came with a cert, and were microchipped with cert # matching chip #. Easy to check with a scanner, which most dealers in Asian aros already own. Also, at one time, possibly still today, one could check the Happy Breed website to verify chip #.

And some of you might remember this;

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/red-mammons-from-happy-breed.223447/

Around that same time a bunch of Happy Breed fish were imported into Toronto LFS, and they too all came with microchips, and matching certs.
Thanks RD. I checked out the thread and I believe I had heard about the chips and certs from you before. You know how it is though when you want to believe something. I imagine if he had a cert he would've provided it but I know I didn't get one. I'll ask him anyway just to be sure.

How old are those fish? I'm guessing like 2years+... Where ever they came from they looks great.
Thanks headlessblade. I can't say for certain but I was told by one of the breeding farms(not Happy Breed) that produce SKKP that are supposed to look like Mammon it takes 3 years for them to reach around 10-12 inches. Which is when they start selling them for the higher prices because their adult looks and potential are definite. While juvies it's always up in the air because even if the adults are quality specimens their offspring can range in quality because of all the mixed blood in them. So they're looks can be highly variable.

Hey kolt! Nice fish!! Were those from monster aquarium?? Is their natural color really that red or more orange-ish? Do their colors fade at all?
Thanks flamingice. No, I didn't care for the ones I saw at Monster last time I was there. Not that John doesn't have high quality fish, because he does and Monster is one of my favorite places to buy fish from. I can tell you who I got them from but they're not a vendor on MFK so I don't want to be seen as promoting them against TOS, so if you want to know just PM me and I'll let you know through there.

I personally haven't used NAN lighting yet. My lights are Beamworks LED's with the day night function using super white and blue LED's. So the color in the pics is accurate.

The first SKKP pictured is more red but is also highly variable depending on mood. Upon arrival he had such defined white stripes I thought he'd never color up. Two days to get settled and after his first meal his color became like he's pictured. Since then though at times for no reason that I can tell he decolors in certain areas of his body. That is until I got the second male. Since then his color has been more consistent.

The Second SKKP has been stable since arrival, even out the bag he was a deep orange with pink areas around the gills and belly near his anal fin.

My Female Mammon(not pictured) who is from another vendor but possible the same farm as my first male is also variable in color. I've seen her get almost completely white depending on mood. However as she's gotten older her color has become more stable and darker.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Kolt, your fish do not appear to have the correct body shape for Ingot.

upload_2017-5-28_7-43-55.png

upload_2017-5-28_8-1-25.png

Having said that, a name is just a name. From what I have seen over the past few years today there are SKKP being sold that rival any fish to ever come out of the Happy Breed Farm in Taiwan.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Kolt, your fish do not appear to have the correct body shape for Ingot.

Having said that, a name is just a name. From what I have seen over the past few years today there are SKKP being sold that rival any fish to ever come out of the Happy Breed Farm in Taiwan.
You're right the body is too square and Ingot aren't supposed to have much if any hump.

It's true in general the imitators are really making strides in providing better specimens then what they did just a couple of years ago. Thanks again RD.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store