"Overstock" Successfully!

arkmann

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
I have mine at 84F because I got all my fish as juveniles. I got them when they are all 2". Right now, they are all pushing 3-5" and still at the same temp.

My managuense is kicking everyone's balls though. Fin damage abound!!!

Cichlidlover23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2017
Lancaster
This topic is perfect for me. Well it starts with a 55g&50g. In the 50 I had 1 6"kkp,1 3"oscar& 2 3" srd flowerhorn. The 55 had only 10 baby cichlids all different types. well when i bought a 125g i went nuts. I like a active tank. So since i thought i have only1 week before the125 is ready. I thought i would stock the 55 . so i started buying all sorts of different cichlids. When i was done i went from a total of 14 to 53. Dont jump on me yet. in the 55 i have a 35g sump&70g canister plus2 marineland 50s. Not the point. I know. Don't get me wrong feeding time was insane. I wish i had a 375 or something. Well since they where all under 3"s except 1. I was able to donate 30 of them to lfs's around town. The cool part in buying almost every cichlid possible was keeping my favorites like a elec. Blue J.dempsey.red/green terror mix.frontosa.longfin oscar. Green texas. The reason i was writing mainly was because some guys hate overcrowders. But as long as your fish are healthy & dont develope diseases then do what you want. Like everyone else said if your gonna do it make sure u have great filtration & be prepared for anything.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
This thread is 9 years old, most of the tanks in the thread were filled with juvenile fish so should be still up and running with the original stock,

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
This topic is perfect for me. Well it starts with a 55g&50g. In the 50 I had 1 6"kkp,1 3"oscar& 2 3" srd flowerhorn. The 55 had only 10 baby cichlids all different types. well when i bought a 125g i went nuts. I like a active tank. So since i thought i have only1 week before the125 is ready. I thought i would stock the 55 . so i started buying all sorts of different cichlids. When i was done i went from a total of 14 to 53. Dont jump on me yet. in the 55 i have a 35g sump&70g canister plus2 marineland 50s. Not the point. I know. Don't get me wrong feeding time was insane. I wish i had a 375 or something. Well since they where all under 3"s except 1. I was able to donate 30 of them to lfs's around town. The cool part in buying almost every cichlid possible was keeping my favorites like a elec. Blue J.dempsey.red/green terror mix.frontosa.longfin oscar. Green texas. The reason i was writing mainly was because some guys hate overcrowders. But as long as your fish are healthy & dont develope diseases then do what you want. Like everyone else said if your gonna do it make sure u have great filtration & be prepared for anything.
What a complete and utter load of rubbish.
Cram as many fish as you like in a tiny tank as long as your filtration is good and your fish will be happy?
Try to justify your own situation with that theory if you must but let's not try to lead others down this path.
It's always the guys that can't have big tanks that come out with these nonsense theories.Truth be told they just like big fish,they will have the big fish regardless and try to justify it with the good filtration story.
Yeah whatever.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store