Haitiensis Growth Thread

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
IMG_8198.JPG

Haven't done a water change in a week and the aquarium was jumpstarted with their same filter media that was in the canister on the 20 gallon that they were in. I haven't tested since I started the system so I felt compelled to do so this morning I'm actually floored by the results. 0PPM nitrates!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was a fluke so I tested the nitrates again just to be sure. I can say that this is my very first time doing a successful instant cycle. Any other time I've always ended up with a mini cycle of some sort. I'm still going to do a water change later today after I go purchase a small pump and some hose. No more siphon for me. It took me almost an hour to do a 50% water change last time

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I think it has come time to part ways with my spare Odos. My suspected "pair" have been terrorizing the other 3 since yesterday. The dominant male and female have been tirelessly digging pits beside all of the clay pots and in the back corners. Is this a sign of potential breeding behavior? duanes duanes UMBEEKING UMBEEKING Andy woods cichlids uk Andy woods cichlids uk

Reactions: TillmanCJ

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Pics are great Vids are better!
Good job with them. They are looking good man!

Reactions: Jhay3513
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store