Poly Hammock..

Ryan029

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Colorado
Okay so for a while I've been trying to come up with a way for my poly to hang out in other places in the tank, I got something rigged up that I finally think will be safe for my poly Stig. She loves pvc (like pretty much all poly's I'm assuming) so I attached some suction cups to a nice straight piece and voila! I put it in a little less than 24 hrs ago and my poly still hasn't taken to it :/ I've lowered it closer to the ground too to see if maybe she can learn to lay in it there first. We'll see. Maybe my poly won't give a damn, but I still thought it was a pretty good way to maximize hiding spots in tanks, was thinking it could be good in my african tank... if you don't care about the aesthetics of it. I've attached pics, the first one is just Stig in a pipe cause she was there when I took the other 2. Any thoughts on improving the design further? Anyone tried this before and have a different method? Just curious.

0725171814.jpg

0725171815.jpg

0725171816.jpg

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Curious if she'll be into it at a height or not. I've made smaller ones for Bettas out of craft mesh, and have put moss on it to make it look less like plastic. The bettas loved it.

Keep us updated!

Reactions: tlindsey and clm08k

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I did similar with a ceramic log, zip ties and suction cups. All my polys used it. Nice space given.

Yours should get use out of it.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
IMG_1430.JPG
Currently not setup. Was rearranging a lot of decor. Been out of tank a while.

Used this for fish with bloat and swimm bladder. Had it filled with fake plants. Have a powerhead and aimed at the opening to get some current to the fish if needed.

All my polys used this thing and stuffed themselves in it.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Did that hole exist or did you drill it?

Is it a heater suction cup?

I think a couple of mine (Polli and ropes) would love something like that.

Reactions: clm08k

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That hole was there. But it can be drilled at low if you need to make one.

The suction cups are part of a diy divider I made. Got it off of eBay for cheap I think a pack of 6.

Reactions: clm08k

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
you may try an inch or so below the waterline my polys seem t like to hangout there under the floating plants or on the top of the heater

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store