Poly Hammock..

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
I was reading that they can come out of the water for a while, does that mean that they might like a cave that has a lip that goes above the water line?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I was reading that they can come out of the water for a while, does that mean that they might like a cave that has a lip that goes above the water line?
Its a survival thing, its probably not something it wants to do unless it has to. There was a study done on sens that they grew out a bunch not in water just a wet misty environment. I read some but not all of it. The sens pectoral fins adapted and changed a bit from the ones kept in water, bone structure and musculature changed. Its pretty cool but to watch them "walk" seemed tedious and cumbersome. But they survived.....but that's what they do and why they haven't changed much in the last few millennia.
http://www.standenlab.com/research/projects/polypterus/

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
View attachment 1265199
Currently not setup. Was rearranging a lot of decor. Been out of tank a while.

Used this for fish with bloat and swimm bladder. Had it filled with fake plants. Have a powerhead and aimed at the opening to get some current to the fish if needed.

All my polys used this thing and stuffed themselves in it.
Thanks for sharing! That is another great idea. Loved that the polys sandwhiched themselves in it hehe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store