WTF is wrong with People?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
In Dubai owning exotic big cats is a huge trend, there are instagram pages filled with owners and their big cats both in their yards and chilling in the car with their owners while diriving down freeways...

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Natural selection. That's all.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I can't help but think about Mike Tyson and Tony Montana

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I can't help but think about Mike Tyson and Tony Montana
Yep,Tyson,who was a Las Vegas playboy long before Mayweather had a white tiger back when he lived there if I am not mistaken.Roberto Duran had a lion years ago.

A

AquaAlex1993

Dang I missed the ad!
It was a Tiger for sale in Western MA.
Come to find out, it is VERY close in my neighborhood. One of my friends lives near the people who own it, and he said they leave the tiger outside unattended with only wooden fence. They have to keep their dogs and other animals inside in fear of the tiger killing them. They are too scared to go in their backyars.
I'm sorry, but I can not support that. People should not have to worry about getting attacked nor have their dogs, cats killed because someone wants a tiger.
Leave the tigers where they belong. If that person wants a tiger, he can go live with them in India or where ever there from.
I guess someone had called 9/11 and when they went over the guy went somewhere and they noticed the tiger. Animal Control is giving him 30 days to find a home, plus he will have to pay a big hefty fine for bring an illegal exotic animal into the USA with out government, state permission.

That is so cool! Thanks man, I wanted to show a friend on Facebook because I recognized the area, turns out I was right... well you see the above post probably.

Wow that's crazy! So I wonder what happens now. Is fish and game at their front door? The police?
The police went by and didn't really do anything. They saw the tiger outside in the yard sleeping. They called Animal control. They came out but told the police that they won't take the tiger because it is too big of a risk for their safety. This guy is going to be in big trouble. Now, they have to call in the fish and game wildlife, which means more than likely the tiger will be euthanized and he will either face jail time or thousands of dollars in fines or no longer be able to keep animals. He doesn't just have a tiger, he's had an alligator, an anaconda, and at one point he was rumored to have a monkey too. Where is he getting all these animals?

I was wondering what the tiger was eating out of the bowl.

Imagine the stains and stench from that big cat spraying.
Yuck! I think it's gross picking up my beagle's stuff but imagine that GROSS.

Many believe that all wild animals belong in the wild. Some believe all animals should live in the wild, including humans. Where do we draw the line? Animals that can hurt people or others? Animals that can wreak havoc upon local populations? We've described cats, dogs and some tropical fish under these stipulations. Should we allow Alex to be the decider on which wild animals we can make pets and cannot? I certainly don't support keeping tigers as pets but we must consider the argument we put forth as animal keepers.
I understand what you are saying, and you have a strong valid point.
I hope your not taking me the wrong way, I'm all about people doing what they love. If keeping pets is that for them, so be it.
Most animals that people keep as pets have gone through years of being captive and not kept in the wild... think dogs, cats, horses, cows, etc. However, I have no problem with someone keeping per say a small spider monkey or an exotic monkey that can't cause significant damage.
This is certainly a topic that is going to be very debated and people will have different opinions. I am sharing mine not forcing any decision. I am sorry if it comes out that way. I was just angry lol.
I just think that animals like tigers, chimpanzees and lions and other animals who are known to be very aggressive and strong predators should not be kept. I would not trust one you never know when they will snap.
For example, Travis the chimp. He was a chimpanzee that lived with people for years about 15 years. He had began showing signs of not being interested in what his living conditions were a few months before the tragedy, police said that the owner did not do anything, thinking he was being ''stubborn'' or ''tired.'' If a chimp had began running around full with energy, breaking things with his hands, and showing natural behavior, I would have packed up my stuff and left, but she stood there and did nothing. Travis never attacked her, maybe he got used to her.
But, her friend came over and all of a sudden he snapped. He ripped her face and hands off began eating what he got off and when the owner tried to stop him, he tried to get at her. Then tried to attack police officers ever after they fired loud gun shots to try and scare him.
I just will never understand what would make someone want something so dangerous.
But, like you said, we outselves have pets, so we know how attached we get to them, but we must realize unless the animal has been in captivity and raised in captivity it will not know what to do. It does not have captive instincts some may learn for a bit but then lose it and try to act like they are in the wild.
I watched a documentary after the Chimp attack in CT in 2009, so I am a bit more informed on the exotic animals. Also, had to do a class on animals in high school and it was topic for like half a year.
I'll close by saying, if they love exotic animals, good for them. Go for it. But be prepared for the repercussions. When your animal attacks or does damage, you will and SHOULD be held response-able. I don't think captive exotic animals will live long anyway when they are kept in cages without the ablity to socialize with their own kind. It would be like putting putting a elephant in with horses, they feel so out of place. Just my 2 cents, I may be wrong but I strongly believe it is too much of a risk.

^^^^^ I'm cool with letting Alex decide. :)
Oh, you are so awesome...
LOL, jk!
I would hate to be the one who decides anything. If I make one bad decision, I'll have a bunch of people coming after a chubby Italian man. LMAO.
I think I'll decide what food I might serve in the kitchen at work, that's safe.
Or I'll decide what fish I want next.
I decide you are my friend. :)

Alex the Decider.
hehe.... ok... I decide that K krichardson is one of the best fish keepers hehe.
lol

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I have nothing against what you are saying. The platform you are on just makes the statement a little bit risque. Fearmongering lead to lots of issues with pitt bull owners. The conversation this kind of stuff stirs can be used against us, or that is what some on the forum have me believe.

If you present your argument in a way that it can't reflect poorly (which it really doesn't, I'm just saying for conversations sake) on our community, it might look a bit better.

I won't keep animals I wouldn't want to be in a deserted island situation with. A tiger would definitely eat me before I ate it, lots of big dogs too. I could easily fend off the attacks off my maltese but he wouldn't be very filling. Fish can't breath air so naturally I would eat them first too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store