first aquarium build

lampy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
Most of what you are asking is way above my pay grade, but I would go with higher capacity pumps. There are very efficient variable speed DC pumps available that allow you to customize your flow rate. I am using a Jebao DCT-15000 at the lowest setting which I believe is 40% max or 6000 L/H on a 210 gallon aquarium. I would think you would want around a 5x turnover on your project so a single unit like this could work or you could run 2x pumps at lower settings and have some redundancy.
Thanks for your help, so I was planning on running "2 x 3000L/H pumps" so I have something for redundancy giving me 6000L/H turnover which is a bit over 5x per hour, but your right I should probably be looking at something larger and "variable" so i can change it as I see fit, I will add it to the "to do" list tomorrow.
Cheers

lampy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
Most of what you are asking is way above my pay grade, but I would go with higher capacity pumps. There are very efficient variable speed DC pumps available that allow you to customize your flow rate. I am using a Jebao DCT-15000 at the lowest setting which I believe is 40% max or 6000 L/H on a 210 gallon aquarium. I would think you would want around a 5x turnover on your project so a single unit like this could work or you could run 2x pumps at lower settings and have some redundancy.
Thanks for your help, so I was planning on running "2 x 3000L/H pumps" so I have something for redundancy giving me 6000L/H turnover which is a bit over 5x per hour, but your right I should probably be looking at something larger and "variable" so i can change it as I see fit, I will add it to the "to do" list tomorrow.
Cheers

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Reactions: JK47

lampy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
ok new pump idea

2 x 9000 Liters per hour "Aqua Medic DC runner 9.1).... both variable and can be controlled my my home automation

lampy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2017
ok so time to go with a completely new direction now, it turns out they want $35,000 for the glass for the tank alone (supplied not built)... So Plywood tank it is :) :) :)

Ill end this thread and start a new one cause everything will be different

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store