Some of My Cichlids from My Past

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Yea, no one has crystal clear water......haha, I'm pretty sure i would drink my water
I'm pretty sure the water in my tanks is clearer than what comes out of my tap... I don't even know how that happens. :confused:

I am not a fan of criticism, I find it unnecessary and it no way helps me like it would other people, in fact I kind of find it insulting. But, it's the way it is said, if it is said rudely I just look past it.
It's hard to tell what is constructive criticism online.
Alex, dude, before you read this please take some nice deep breaths, crack a bourbon and calm down a bit.. I'm not having a go at you, rather I'm trying to explain some things that I think you're overlooking.
This is not intended to be derogatory or make you feel singled out, I'm posting this to try and help you.

1. You're on a public forum. The idea of this forum is so that people can share their experiences and help others. It doesn't always come across the way the poster intends, which is why it helps to read everything in a calm, friendly tone.

2. EVERYTHING you see posted on MFK is up for criticism. EVERYTHING you post is also up for criticism. Give and take, learn from others.

4. Criticism is VERY necessary. It helps us avoid making mistakes and helps us to learn and develop. I'm sure you would of criticized someone at some point for something. Maybe someone broke the law and you criticized them. Or hurt an animal and you criticized them. Criticism is very necessary man.

5. If criticism doesn't help you then you need to get off of your high horse and try some humility. Instead of reading criticism as an insult, change the tone you're reading it in and try seeing it as a suggestion instead. Even the most insulting posts can contain valuable information.

6. The reason you have trouble differentiating constructive criticism from just plain old criticism is because its all the same thing. The difference lies in whether or not you choose to learn from it.

I hope you didn't read this with any anger or sarcasm, as it isn't meant to come across like that. Just friendly advice to try and help you out. :)

A

AquaAlex1993

I'm pretty sure the water in my tanks is clearer than what comes out of my tap... I don't even know how that happens. :confused:

Alex, dude, before you read this please take some nice deep breaths, crack a bourbon and calm down a bit.. I'm not having a go at you, rather I'm trying to explain some things that I think you're overlooking.
This is not intended to be derogatory or make you feel singled out, I'm posting this to try and help you.

1. You're on a public forum. The idea of this forum is so that people can share their experiences and help others. It doesn't always come across the way the poster intends, which is why it helps to read everything in a calm, friendly tone.

2. EVERYTHING you see posted on MFK is up for criticism. EVERYTHING you post is also up for criticism. Give and take, learn from others.

4. Criticism is VERY necessary. It helps us avoid making mistakes and helps us to learn and develop. I'm sure you would of criticized someone at some point for something. Maybe someone broke the law and you criticized them. Or hurt an animal and you criticized them. Criticism is very necessary man.

5. If criticism doesn't help you then you need to get off of your high horse and try some humility. Instead of reading criticism as an insult, change the tone you're reading it in and try seeing it as a suggestion instead. Even the most insulting posts can contain valuable information.

6. The reason you have trouble differentiating constructive criticism from just plain old criticism is because its all the same thing. The difference lies in whether or not you choose to learn from it.

I hope you didn't read this with any anger or sarcasm, as it isn't meant to come across like that. Just friendly advice to try and help you out. :)
I am not mad, this is a good post. :)

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Well, that can be true, who doesn't look a nice woman?!
But, it was the way she spoke to me, I'm Italian and we can be a bit sensitive.
Oh right, all Italian people are the same. I must have missed that memo.

A

AquaAlex1993

Oh right, all Italian people are the same. I must have missed that memo.
Not all are a like, I am certainly unique and different.
But after reading through this, I know that most of you guys are here to help me and I took it wrong and jumped the deep end. However, I just wanted to show my pictures that's all.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I know what you guys are thinking, oh this Alex kid, he's an *******. He is crazy and doesn't know ****.

That about sums it up for me.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store