Some of My Cichlids from My Past

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Way to completely miss the point. You know that you're "not a fan of criticism" yet you post your fish on a public forum and you don't even recognize when someone is trying to give you honest constructive criticism. Good luck, you're going to need it.

On topic, admittedly I do like the picture of that Pike, even if the whole fish isn't in the picture. Nice fish.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Must admit I was thinking along these lines with the silver dollar care info this member posts.
I don't understand, how you can understand a species that can't act naturally in a 55 if a 55 is as large as you have had.
You need a much bigger tank than that to see how this family of fish should behave.

Just my 2 penny worth.

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
On a serious note...

I didn't realize you wrote that silver dollar article! Expertly done! Would love to see pics of your silver dollars... How many do you have of each species? I have always dreamed of keeping M. schomburgkii but I only have a 210G so won't be able to house a dozen of them. I am looking at the 720 gallon from Pentair though. What size tank do you keep them in these days? Again, would love to see pics of your SD school!

Reactions: AquaAlex1993
A

AquaAlex1993

He says all those fish are from the past...No one really knows what his current stock is.....
They are from my past, I mean all you would have to do is go on my Facebook page and stalk my ''photo'' gallery to see some of this pics are from 2012. I mean, you already secretly like to stalk my facebook and steal my pictures, so why not go and see for yourself that these fish are old.
Besides, when and how did this thread turn into a bash Alex thread.
I should have known better to come back here. A lot of people warned me but I gave it the benefit of the doubt.
I am not here to be put down. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't post on my threads. It's simple.

A

AquaAlex1993

Ok, y'all need to cut the **** on making my thread an attack thread.Because if that's the way it's going to be, I'm ready to battle. The way this seems is an attack on me over ''****ing past pictures'' and a ****ing water issue.
PROOF OLD PICS:
ALL OF MY OLDER PICS CAN BE FOUND HERE:
https://www.facebook.com/therealalexcardinale/photos_albums
I really don't understand the issue. I said I am going to be getting a new tank soon. Soon doesn't mean now or right away. You know damn well as soon as I get it, I will post it on here. I am an open book, I don't hide nothing. I have nothing to lose nor hide. I never claimed to be an ''EXPERT'' on any fish, so whoever is saying that is putting words in my mouth.

You have a Lima shovelnose catfish too?
Yes, I have had him for quite some time now.

Way to completely miss the point. You know that you're "not a fan of criticism" yet you post your fish on a public forum and you don't even recognize when someone is trying to give you honest constructive criticism. Good luck, you're going to need it.

On topic, admittedly I do like the picture of that Pike, even if the whole fish isn't in the picture. Nice fish.
It's hard to tell what is constructive criticism online.

I don’t mean to be mean, but do you feel you are such an expert on cichlid keeping that you should have your own podcast? That seems kind of crazy
OK, so when and where did I ever say I was an expert?
What seems crazy is all this **** going on here.
BTW, I have been doing my fish show for 5 years now and have gotten numerous compliments and have worked with some of the best fish keepers I know. Whether it be Sam Garcia JR, Chris Clevers from Hikari, Carib-Sea President Jud McCracken, Uaru Joey, I can go on and on and on.
The fish keeping show is NOT about me. I think your missing the point of it. The show is about keeping tropical fish and the fun of the fish hobby and the different fish. I am not an expert by any means never claimed to be, I learn stuff everyday.

Must admit I was thinking along these lines with the silver dollar care info this member posts.
I don't understand, how you can understand a species that can't act naturally in a 55 if a 55 is as large as you have had.
You need a much bigger tank than that to see how this family of fish should behave.

Just my 2 penny worth.
Well, if you were in my shoes you would know. I have a extremely limited budget. But I am working my best to get a bigger tank as soon as I can. You know how all of this makes me feel? All of you jumping on me, taking the piss out of me for things and situations you don't know about. I usually only get about 75-100 dollars for spending money aka fish money and I have been saving up. I have 180 dollars right now, what big tank can I get for $180?
Trust me, I will get one it just takes time.
Do you really think I want to keep the silver dollars in a 55? Just stop and ask yourself that very question. If I posted an article on silver dollars saying that they need a 125, why would I keep them in 55 permanent? I know they need a bigger tank and they will.\
Trust me, I know silver dollars. I've kept them for a while and I am a popular silver dollar fish guy up here, my local fish store calls me when they get silver dollars to see if I can help take some off their hands. That's how I got my large red hook and 2 of my black bars, they were taken in from someone who was going to ''dispose'' them because his red devil was going after them.
I know what you guys are thinking, oh this Alex kid, he's an *******. He is crazy and doesn't know ****. I really hope that my messages don't come off here as offensive or aggressive because I never intend them to be.

On a serious note...

I didn't realize you wrote that silver dollar article! Expertly done! Would love to see pics of your silver dollars... How many do you have of each species? I have always dreamed of keeping M. schomburgkii but I only have a 210G so won't be able to house a dozen of them. I am looking at the 720 gallon from Pentair though. What size tank do you keep them in these days? Again, would love to see pics of your SD school!
Thank you. It is getting published in an aquarium hobbyist magazine. You could keep 4-5 of them in your 210. You probably wouldn't want a dozen wide bars, wide bars are the most aggressive silver dollar I've seen, they chase after each other. I will take some new pics tomorrow.

This quote fits me perfectly.
Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, I think more than I speak and I notice more than you realize.

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
Wow. That’s a impressive list of people you have worked with. I would love to see or hear the interviews. Please post links.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store