Suicidal Dog (not mine) Need Suggestions.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Hi all, I know this sounds stupid but I've been having problems with a little random dog coming into my yard and trying to jump in the pool my goldfish are in. I can't keep it out of my yard as it fits through every crack in the fence and gate. I often have random dogs visit and eat the scraps in my yard, but this is the only one that seems suicidal.

The pool is covered with bird netting but if this dog falls onto the netting and it breaks (its only cheap netting and its been in the weather a while now and already ripped in some places) there's no possible way it can get back out of the pond/pool unless it tears the pool open from the inside. Unless I'm looking at the cameras if/when the dog falls in it would likely drown before I seen it, unless it can swim for literal hours...

I've been sitting on my couch watching the security cameras all night and in the last hour alone have had to shoo it out of my yard four times already because its tried to jump in the pond - its 1:00am here and I'm ready for bed, but I'm worried that I'm going to wake up to a dead dog with my goldfish or a ripped pool and no goldfish.

While I don't want the dog to drown in my yard I can't watch my cameras 24/7 (mainly because I want sleep!) nor have I been able to catch the dog to bring inside until the dog catcher can pick it up.

Any suggestions guys? Anything at all would be great! Thanks in advance.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just curious,are you guys allowed to own guns there?

Reactions: itrebebag99

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes and no.

Yes we can, it takes a bit of hoop and loop jumping but yes, we can own guns.

However no, I could not use one legally to deal with the dog if that's what you were hinting at... Lol

Not allowed lol
Oh,well there goes my suggestion of a loud shotgun blast in the night to scare the pooch off.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Oh,well there goes my suggestion of a loud shotgun blast in the night to scare the pooch off.
Yeah, unfortunately I can't do that. The closest I've got is going out into the yard waving my arms around and yelling like a lunatic at it to leave. Which it does then comes back within 10 minutes.

Since this thread's been started I've chased it away three more times. Its 2:30am and I feel half dead but I'm too scared to go to bed in case the stupid thing drowns. :mad: :(

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Hi Kittiee, get some sleep, hope for the best, and fix your fence in the morning.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Hi Kittiee, get some sleep, hope for the best, and fix your fence in the morning.
I'm seriously thinking about it. I'm almost falling asleep now... I haven't pulled an all-nighter since I was a teenager and its showing lol

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
After almost half an hour the dog hasn't come back so I'm going to go to sleep now. My housemate has to get up at 7 so I'll leave him a note asking to check the pond for a dead dog and hopefully I don't get woken up in three hours because of a drowned puppy..

Good night all, I'm going to go die for 8-10 hours.

eddiegunks

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Tillson NY
Take the net off the pool. This way the dog can get back out.

Catch the dog......use food for bait. Use a big net.

Or, make a noose. Create a chock point on the way to the bait. When the dof goes for the food yank on the rope. Best to wait till a front foot or two are over the noose.

Should be real easy. I used to catxh ground hogs this way as a kid. If he arrives as much as he does it should be pretty easy to do.

Lock him in the garahe till the dog catcher comes to pick it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store