Suicidal Dog (not mine) Need Suggestions.

Cutbait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
If you know the owner of the dog tell him or her about their dog its their responsibility to keep it from roming.

If the pond is too deep for the dog to stand in he won't catch your fish. A good swim might break him from trying.

Cutbait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2017
If you know the owner of the dog tell him or her about their dog its their responsibility to keep it from roming.

If the pond is too deep for the dog to stand in he won't catch your fish. A good swim might break him from trying.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes, gun will solve all problem!

Excellent! Fire a gun in the night is a sure way to scare the pooch off. Heck! It probably scares the whole neighborhood off!
LOL!.....probably?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Well the dog didn't come back at all today so fingers crossed it stays away for good! It had me worried about finding a dead dog in my pond lol

Suicidal dog? Have it ever crossed your mind that the dog may like water/swimming? Unless it's a bulldog, dog hardly get drown in a "kiddy" pool...
I assume it just wanted to swim but if it had of fallen in it would not have gotten back out. The actual pool is a little under a metre high (give or take) and a little over half way full.

The dog looks like a ****zu (sp?) cross terrier of some kind. It wouldn't be able to stand on the bottom of the pool nor would its front legs stretch from the water to the top lip of the pool to pull itself out.

Believe me when I say it wouldn't get back out. The pool is the height of my hips and the dog the size of a mans boot lol

I don't know who's dog it is unfortunately or I would of spoken to them by now. I've seen it in my yard a few times but last night is the only time its tried getting into the pool. And it was damn close a couple of times too!

I wasn't worried about him trying to catch my goldfish, I was worried he would drown if he fell in while I slept.

Either way my cat pen is ready to be used as a makeshift dog trap whenever the need arises. :D

Thanks guys. :)

kiwiraka

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2017
Maybe chuck something into the pool that the dog can climb onto if it gets in, just in case?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Maybe chuck something into the pool that the dog can climb onto if it gets in, just in case?
That is a great idea!.. I don't suppose you'd know if a hard kitchen chair work or if it would leech something into the water? You'd think if its only over night it couldn't hurt too much right?

Because that's about all I have that's large enough :eek:

kiwiraka

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2017
That is a great idea!.. I don't suppose you'd know if a hard kitchen chair work or if it would leech something into the water? You'd think if its only over night it couldn't hurt too much right?

Because that's about all I have that's large enough :eek:
I don't know sorry. I can't imagine it'd leach much of anything into the water in such a short length of time, surely less than a dog atleast?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I don't know sorry. I can't imagine it'd leach much of anything into the water in such a short length of time, surely less than a dog atleast?
Hahaha good point. :D

I guess it's better than a drowned dog so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the idea! :)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; My guess is you have thought of this and may have already taken steps, but what if a child fell in the pool?

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Hello; My guess is you have thought of this and may have already taken steps, but what if a child fell in the pool?
I have thought about that and have done what I can to prevent it.. It helps that there's no kids under the age of 9 (or at least they look 9ish) around me and most of them are bigger than me.

But to make sure kids couldn't be enticed from the street the pool has been positioned in the yard where it can not be seen from any part if the street surrounding my house. You have to be well into my yard before you can see it's there and kids shouldn't be in my yard to begin with..

My direct neighbours don't have kids so I don't have to worry about their kids climbing the fence and drowning.

The neighbourhood kids don't even know the pool exists and I'm hoping it stays that way - if they found out it existed they'd likely try to kill my goldfish in which case I'd hope they fell in (obviously not drown) because "HA!". They throw rocks at my windows when my cats are sunbathing to scare them (haven't smashed one yet, but by gosh I'll crack it if they do!) I could only imagine the horror they'd cause to my poor fish if they knew they were just sitting there. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store