Why so much hate/dislike others for owning BP?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I don't fear anything, perhaps you should re-read my comment.

I said: "It has nothing to do with not liking hybrids, it has to do with keeping the various folders somewhat organized, instead of a giant mish-mash of topics and fish."

My point was that I don't like to wade through a cluster-phuk of a folder, when I am seeking certain topics, on certain species, from specific geographical regions. This is exactly why MFK created the Flowerhorn/Blood Parrot, and Other Hybrids folder. Purists have their place to converse, and those that keep hybrids have their place. Some members such as myself post in both.

Reactions: J. H.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I don't fear anything, perhaps you should re-read my comment.

I said: "It has nothing to do with not liking hybrids, it has to do with keeping the various folders somewhat organized, instead of a giant mish-mash of topics and fish."

My point was that I don't like to wade through a cluster-phuk of a folder, when I am seeking certain topics, on certain species, from specific geographical regions. This is exactly why MFK created the Flowerhorn/Blood Parrot, and Other Hybrids folder. Purists have their place to converse, and those that keep hybrids have their place. Some members such as myself post in both.
I didn't say you felt that way, but that you where saying that some do. I guess I quoted you incorrectly.

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
I will keep my personal feelings about designer hybridized fish out of the discussion. I am glad that people are into keeping fish period, no matter what their interest. As RD. pointed out the CA/SA cichlid subforum is not the place for them any more than it is for africans, rays, dats, catfish, channa, etc.....If you are seeing hate in the subforum for hybrids my advice would be to contact a mod.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I guess I quoted you incorrectly.
Yeah, and it's not the first time. In the future maybe just use your own words, and your own interpretations, and leave me out of it. Thanks.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I just find them grotesque, I'm barely a cichlid fan as is. There are so many nicer fish out there in my opinion.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
So do I Hendre, but like you I don't go around on public forums forcing that opinion or "hate" on others. I believe that's what the OP is referring to.

Reactions: TheLastKon

jmf

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017

jmf

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Great informative replies peoples. I guess I'm different than most. I only really keep "wet pets" (apart from my planted tank). The fish could be the ugliest in the world as look as it is intelligent and has personality.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
O, so there is a time frame for when "breeds" become acceptable?
Well goldfish and koi have been around for practically forever, the more recent ultra fancied breeds like bubble eyes are no different than parrots for me, I dislike them a lot

Vukmir13

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Parrish, Florida
1 of the nicest set ups I’ve seen was a 125 gallon with 8-10 Red Blood Parrots, it was very eye catching.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store