MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I do what you do too except I chop 4lbs of tilapia then put it into one gallon sandwich bag to make a sheet before freezing the left over. 4 lbs at tilapia is $10.xx at Walmart.

Here is a link I posted last week.
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/making-your-own-food.702212/
I read that. I was going to post my vid there but didn' want to step on your toes. I really liked the idea of adding drinking water to the bags to help stop the freez drying effects. When I had reefs I made my own food with all kinds of stuff in it with lots of different sizes some of It liquid. It never seemed to get that freeze drying effect like the tilapia by itself did. I assumed that it was the liquid that stopped that. But again great idea with the water! I'll try cutting up a whole piece next week and use your method to freeze the chunks.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Ok so this question comes up alot and is answered by quite a few people in words sometimes pics but not usually a how to vid. So here is my how to vid on feeding tilapia. This would work with any frozen fish fillet though too. Anyone who feeds these should maybe make a video of how they do it also like T thefredpit magpie magpie Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 J jaws7777 .
This one was made in reply to C Cat Fish Mama questions about ropefish feeding. Not calling you out just bringing to your attention hope it helps and sorry for the poor quality and bad actor.......lol
damn your ropes are thick I love them

I used to thaw and cut with kitchen scissors. I like the food processor idea that fred uses, esp. for smaller polys/ropes but have not done it myself.
I'll try to remember to video tomorrows feeding so you can see what it looks like it is messy but that way the 2 raphaels, L114, and eel tail banjo can still find some

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store