South Africa
Believe me, this is just the start ;)

Reactions: Jbrown2421

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Good color Cherry. How long does it take you to increase the population to 35.

I started a planted shrimp bowl a month ago with blue Cherry. I haven’t seen any babies yet but I have spotted females carrying eggs, so hopefully the population will multiply.

Nice looking little setup. It's crazy how fast these guys multiply. Mine went from 5 to 30 in about 2 months as well.
That’s fast! I don’t know how you can count them as I have trouble counting the adults. How large are the babies at birth and how fast they grow?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Good color Cherry. How long does it take you to increase the population to 35.

I started a planted shrimp bowl a month ago with blue Cherry. I haven’t seen any babies yet but I have spotted females carrying eggs, so hopefully the population will multiply.

That’s fast! I don’t know how you can count them as I have trouble counting the adults. How large are the babies at birth and how fast they grow?
That was an estimate of the number, but it continually grew. I would bring 20or 30 to the lfs to sell, and a month later the numbers would replenish. Probably had 50 in there at one point. They are real small when born and take a month or two to get to a half inch . After a half inch is when I would sell them

aAT2FGT.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
When they look like this you know they'll be berried soon enough. I grow a lot of algae as a continuous food source and it's helping a lot this time round!

IMG-20180618-WA0011.jpeg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Do you feed your shrimp, I don’t. They are in a shrimp only bowl with high plant mass, and direct sun light to drive plant and bio film growth. I top it weekly with nutrient rich water from my other fish tanks.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store