Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
nope nothing new, only dif is now we are enforcing it allot harder, so the amount illegals has gone up that are being processed/apprehended.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
nope nothing new, only dif is now we are enforcing it allot harder, so the amount illegals has gone up that are being processed/apprehended.
Crime has gone way down here now that they got tough on them, especially helps in a border state like here

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
I think the MSM acting like this is new policy yet never saying a peep about it during the last admin, makes the narrative obvious.
If you detained entire families, the first time a kid was molested or harmed, the Gov would be sued.
My issue with it is how lamestream and the dims are using it as ammo as if it is something new.
If you didn't have anything to say about it years ago then keep your mouth shut about it now.Don't pound on your soapbox like it's some new and evil,Order 66 type of operation.
It is a new policy in fact. The washington post did a article on this.

"Obama’s guidelines prioritized the deportation of gang members, those who posed a national security risk and those who had committed felonies. Trump’s January 2017 executive order does not include a priority list for deportations and refers only to “criminal offenses,” which is broad enough to encompass serious felonies as well as misdemeanors."
From the article I linked above
Interestingly, Trump has released a hundred thousand people caught even though he said he'd stop the "catch and release" policies.

Crime has gone way down here now that they got tough on them, especially helps in a border state like here
Evidence? Looked up wherever more illegals = more crime.
"
Some academic researchers have examined quasi-natural policy shifts to see how crime rates change due to more intense immigration enforcement. If illegal immigrants are more crime-prone, then more aggressive immigration enforcement in an area should lower crime rates. But they found no overall reduction. This suggests, at a minimum, that illegal immigrants' crime rate is no higher than that of the broader population.

More recent research conduced by Michelangelo Landgrave and me finds similar results. We applied a statistical technique that is used to figure out the employment, age, and occupations of immigrants in the census to the incarcerated population data in the American Community Survey. This allowed us to estimate the percentage of illegals among the incarcerated. We found that even if one includes in the mix those in detention facilities—most whom are there for immigration-related offenses—illegal immigrants are 44 percent less likely to be incarcerated than native-born Americans. Excluding those in immigration detention yields an incarceration rate that is almost identical to that of legal immigrants: A dramatic 69 percent lower than that of natives.
"

One word......Votes.
Source on illegals voting?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I didn't say that they vote yet but that is the endgame of the dims....to strengthen the voter base for their party.Why the Hell else do you think they go on and on about them and try to give them so much as if they are American citizens? It's all about power.
I dont care how hard they work or whatever else they do that's so great,all countries have laws for entry and ours should be observed and followed just like everywhere else.

Reactions: jaws7777

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
I didn't say that they vote but that is the endgame of the dims....to strengthen the voter base for their party.Why the Hell else do you think they go on and on about them and try to give them so much as if they are American citizens? It's all about power.
No offense but calling democrats "the dims" is stupid. If you cannot refrain from calling a political group you disagree with a insulting term, do you believe people are going to think "This man/woman sounds like he/she has a good head on his/her shoulders. I should listen to him/her." or "This man/woman sounds like he/she can't be respectful towards people he/she doesn't agree with"?

Anyway, the endgame of both political parties is "to strengthen the voter base for their party" as you put it. A recent example is Trump saying that immigrants will overrun the US. If this is so unacceptable to the american people, they may vote for another politician(s) who does not hold favorable beliefs towards them. At the end of the day, the people vote for those whose beliefs most concur with theirs or not at all.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No offense but calling democrats "the dims" is stupid. If you cannot refrain from calling a political group you disagree with a insulting term, do you believe people are going to think "This man/woman sounds like he/she has a good head on his/her shoulders. I should listen to him/her." or "This man/woman sounds like he/she can't be respectful towards people he/she doesn't agree with"?

Anyway, the endgame of both political parties is "to strengthen the voter base for their party" as you put it. A recent example is Trump saying that immigrants will overrun the US. If this is so unacceptable to the american people, they may vote for another politician(s) who does not hold favorable beliefs towards them. At the end of the day, the people vote for those whose beliefs most concur with theirs or not at all.
I'll call them whatever I want,if you think that what I say is stupid then you are calling me the same and perhaps you should refrain from talking to me.
The dims threw the word "respect " out into the garbage heap a long time ago.

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
I'll call them whatever I want,if you think that what I say is stupid then you are calling me the same and perhaps you should refrain from talking to me.
You and others are free to call them whatever you want; however it is a two way street. There is a difference between calling someone's statement stupid and the actual person themselves stupid, at least in my opinion.

The dims threw the word "respect " out into the garbage heap a long time ago.
Not sure what this is referring to. If you believe that democrats are not respectful, why do you sink to their level with petty insults?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
How dare you use your logic that's forbidden...
Hello; How true.
Yes they broke the law but allot of us benefit from this. Now if you commit a crime...even J walking then your outta here thats easier for me to justify.
nothing new, only dif is now we are enforcing it allot harder, so the amount illegals has gone up that are being processed/apprehended.
Hello; The discussion is about those that sneak in but get caught and not about those who go to a proper immigration facility and ask for entry, right?

One word......Votes.
Hello; heard on the news today that a federal judge overturned a state law requiring some sort of legal ID in order to register to vote. The judge says a person only has to swear they are a legal citizen in order to register to vote. Forget the state and I hope it gets challenged.

I'll call them whatever I want,
Hello; I'll buy that for a dollar. (What movie?)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store