Bassin Mike Cichla Thread

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Huge announcement tomorrow. follow me IG (thecichlakeeper) for more info. Following my updated post on IG at 10am pacific time. check my thread here explaining the post. Super freaking stoked right now.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
From the beginning this tank was suppose to house my growouts. as to which why i bought so many growouts to begin with. so yesterday i finally made it happen. rehomed all my big cichla and put in my growouts which include 10 xingus, 2 azuls, 2 kelberis and 2 monos. non cichla include a common bichir, flagtail and a jardini. this has always been the plan but had to get the filtration on point etc before making this all happen. eventually will thin out the stock on xingus. but for now enjoying this tank to the fullest.

29D36D45-BC7B-4600-9090-D3281679BB00.jpeg

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Just a update.

Below is my 60g with 3 temensis growouts. once they are big enuff (should be soon) they will join the others in my big tank. This morning my daughter helped me remove the gravel and do a wc. Not sure what this tank will be used for after all fish are grown out.
FC1E7067-07D5-4228-8F90-892C1CA7F7F5.jpeg

Below is my 45g orino growout tank. This is 3 orinos that i picked up from Jeff Rapps (tangledupincichlids.com) Also got 2 bichirs and 1 common pleco to help keep the tank clean. Which i just relised i should transfer one of the bichirs to the 60g to clean up left over pellets. Nothing major on this growout tank.
554BB31B-31FA-465E-A010-E66B5C004831.jpeg

Next time i update this thread will be in a month on July 18th. Esp since there won't he no noticeable diffrences anytime soon. Hope yall enjoyed.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Looking good mike, good move thining out the herd. I was getting worried that you were going to run out of food for all those hungry fish. I’m going to miss seeing those other great looking bass you had though. It’s going to be fun to watch you new stock grow out, that’s the best part of fish keeping. Keep the pics coming.

Reactions: bassinmike85

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Looking good mike, good move thining out the herd. I was getting worried that you were going to run out of food for all those hungry fish. I’m going to miss seeing those other great looking bass you had though. It’s going to be fun to watch you new stock grow out, that’s the best part of fish keeping. Keep the pics coming.
thank you man.i thought long and hard before making the final decision. before i got the big tank the plan was to tell off the big bass since i had my growouts already in my care before i bought the tank. but at the end of the day i feel like i made the best call.

Reactions: TheWolfman
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store