Bassin Mike Cichla Thread

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
So I’m supposed to find and delete a double post (glitch) and this is the third time I’ve tried to find it and can’t because I keep getting distracted... amazing stock! Have always had a soft spot for kels.
haha thanks bro. i ended up selling my big cichla and moved my growouts to the bigger tank. only have 3 tems 2 xingus and 2 monos. dont forget about fixing a double post lol

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Bummer you had to sell off some.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Forgot to mention. Before i left out of town, i had installed a new airpump (pictured below). I have only 2 airstones hooked up to this air pump. I have them positioned on my overflow box on both sides (i will post pictures when i get home for those who are interested to see). I originally had 2 air pumps hooked up one for ea airstone. This air pump is a tad noisy but then my tank is in my garage so it doesnt bother me at all. There is a lot more water movement in the tnak eap the top of the water is moving better. I also noticed the part of my sump where the pump is at was also standing water. so i also placed a airpump in my sump near the pump to help move around that standing water. when i talked to my wife she said the fish look way more happier and more active so i guess its working haha. just wanted to keep you guess updated on a change i made even though its a small change but little changes like that can make a big diffrence in a tank.

BD84BF51-D714-4C0F-A07B-B281B7D26BF4.jpeg

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Whatcha gonna do?

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
i will post pictures in a bit. But once of the changes i am seeing is one out of 3 of my temensis is lighter in color as in it will not look like my other two tems. which i am stoked on. these are wc rio negro. so i am anxious to see what they turn into. honestly havent been spending much time with them like i should. recently got into the flowerhorn scene. i am still in the process of removing all the rock and driftwood out my big tank. might just leave it bare bottom since in all honesty this big tank is only a growout tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store