Who has em?

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
https://www.planetcatfish.com/ There’s some info on here for you, got to be honest and say that’s the first time I’ve heard of this species so thanks
I knew about the info on planetcatfish but what I want are info from keepers' experiences. Since they look similar to Calophysus macropterus, does it come as the vulture as well, a mixed up look alike. If not, what names labelled for this fish.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
It is almost never offered, it seems. I've never come across any for sale. The only keeper I encountered was Ian from UK, his screen name escapes me, Iron something... But he has had one only for a year. He doesn't appear to be active on MFK anymore.

If you find it, you will be the one to teach us about it.

Reactions: Matteus

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
It is almost never offered, it seems. I've never come across any for sale. The only keeper I encountered was Ian from UK, his screen name escapes me, Iron something... But he has had one only for a year. He doesn't appear to be active on MFK anymore.

Found several months back labelled Bolt Catfish but the mouth are flatter unlike the Aguarunichthys torosus. Just recently I found info about the Luciopimelodus pati, never knew it was existed. Try to find back the sale ad but it's already gone. Here's a photo from a Thailand aquarist of an unknown catfish or probably vulture catfish, what do you think? 22" vulture or L. pati?

image.jpeg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south

LiamIrons LiamIrons is the only one i know of also... i wanna say Wes has offered them once also around the same time Liam aquired his. Wanted to link his thread a few days ago but i dont know how lol...

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Found several months back labelled Bolt Catfish but the mouth are flatter unlike the Aguarunichthys torosus. Just recently I found info about the Luciopimelodus pati, never knew it was existed. Try to find back the sale ad but it's already gone. Here's a photo from a Thailand aquarist of an unknown catfish or probably vulture catfish, what do you think? 22" vulture or L. pati?

View attachment 1331355
fatty Vulture in my opinion

Reactions: Matteus

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
... Here's a photo from a Thailand aquarist of an unknown catfish or probably vulture catfish, what do you think? 22" vulture or L. pati?
Vulture of course. Nice specimen. They appear to rarely reach such size in captivity.

... Wanted to link his thread a few days ago but i dont know how lol...
I merely copy and paste the URL. Does it not work for you?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store