Anyone know anything about vinegaroons?

I wanna get a vinegaroon can anybody help me?

List of things I know:

Can live in at least a 10 gallon

Nonvenomous but can pinch and spray acetic acid

They eat a lot more than scorpions or spiders of the same size and are more active

Don't hide as much as other inverts

And that's about all I know.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I wanna get a vinegaroon can anybody help me?

List of things I know:

Can live in at least a 10 gallon

Nonvenomous but can pinch and spray acetic acid

They eat a lot more than scorpions or spiders of the same size and are more active

Don't hide as much as other inverts

And that's about all I know.
Not terribly difficult to keep, their bite can scar, and they tame easily, also can be escape artists

Cowturtle Cowturtle

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do a search on them,someone made a thread about them and other related creatures sometime last year.

Not terribly difficult to keep, their bite can scar, and they tame easily, also can be escape artists

Cowturtle Cowturtle
what do you mean by bite? acid spray? pinch? or actually biting with the mouthparts? I think the mouthparts are quite powerful, they depend on them way more than scorpions and such.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
what do you mean by bite? acid spray? pinch? or actually biting with the mouthparts? I think the mouthparts are quite powerful, they depend on them way more than scorpions and such.
Jaws , apparently the bites can scar, although truth be told I don't know anyone who's actually gotten one mad enough to be bitten, as they are kind of laid back

More stuff I've dug up:

Okay, so apparently they bite SUPER hard. They're also really armored, much more so than scorpions and amblypigids. Once they have a prey item they immediately regurgitate the digestive fluids (all arachnids do this, but most do it after prey is subdued).

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Jaws , apparently the bites can scar, although truth be told I don't know anyone who's actually gotten one mad enough to be bitten, as they are kind of laid back
Yes you do, I have. My father had been in the past as well. When I was a kid I spent my summers in the Mojave desert (Victorville, CA) and those little bastards are everywhere. I got bit putting my shoe on. I still check my shoes to this day and we have nothing even close to those here. Those little dark yellow scorpions are all over the place too. They get stuck in the sink/tub and can’t get out.

Stung like hell and I threw up for the better part of a couple days. You won’t hold food down for a couple days at a minimum. I couldn’t anyway.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Are you sure it wasn't a scorpion? Doesn't sound like even a vinegaroon bite would do that much damage.
Yep. I was pretty young but know it was a vinegaroon. I can’t speak to others reactions but mine was straight visceral.. that’s all I remember is getting sick pretty bad and not being able to stomach food for a few days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store