Anyone know anything about vinegaroons?

JK47 JK47 this was copy and pasted from a vinegaroon care sheet. It's talking about the spray in this case but I think it may have been a similar thing with your bite:

*Please note that this species of whipscorpion can secrete vinegar that can be dangerous to some people. Although most people are not affected by this species, some people may be allergic to the acetic acid, or just more sensitive, making it a dangerous situation. This is one of the reasons that people should not handle this whipscorpion. Affects of this whipscorpions' natural defenses may vary between people. This whipscorpion should be considered dangerous, so be careful, because you don't want to find out if you are allergic or more sensitive the HARD WAY!

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
JK47 JK47 this was copy and pasted from a vinegaroon care sheet. It's talking about the spray in this case but I think it may have been a similar thing with your bite:

*Please note that this species of whipscorpion can secrete vinegar that can be dangerous to some people. Although most people are not affected by this species, some people may be allergic to the acetic acid, or just more sensitive, making it a dangerous situation. This is one of the reasons that people should not handle this whipscorpion. Affects of this whipscorpions' natural defenses may vary between people. This whipscorpion should be considered dangerous, so be careful, because you don't want to find out if you are allergic or more sensitive the HARD WAY!
Thats interesting, thank you for posting. I have to keep epipens in my work bag, range bag, cars etc in case I get stung by a bee. A sting makes it extremely hard to breath. I wonder if that’s connected in any way. Scares me thinking about getting tagged by one of the rays

Hope it’s a non-issue for you and works out. Post some pics when you get it.

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
Gonna get here today or tomorrow. I will post plenty of pics. Cowturtle Cowturtle what subspecies do you have?
Pretty sure mine is a wild caught Mastigoproctus giganteus from somewhere out West. I keep it fairly dry and never had any issues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store