New Tank! :D

Dylan Sanders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2018
So i got this tank about 3 weeks ago... its come a long way knowing that ive never had a tank thats not bare bottom! Im planning on putting 1 arowana in the tank and maybe a few smaller fish. Before i do that im planning on putting a few more plants in! let me know what you guys think and or ideas on how to improve it! thank you:D

IMG_2674.PNG IMG_2682.JPG IMG_2676.PNG IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2673.PNG

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Nice tank and looks in great condition from the pictures. Perhaps putting a wrap around the steel stand, or, I've seen a fabric wrap help on with some magnets that can looks nice too.

When is the big fish coming ;-)

Dylan Sanders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2018
Nice tank and looks in great condition from the pictures. Perhaps putting a wrap around the steel stand, or, I've seen a fabric wrap help on with some magnets that can looks nice too.

When is the big fish coming ;-)
thank you, it came with that stand but was really rust! I grinded it down and painted it... i was going to cut up some wood and possibly make a couple drawers for the filters! but i will also look into the wrap!
I have the money for the fish but i would like the tank to be all settled and how i want it before putting any fish in there! Also if you know of any good tank mates for an arowana that wont eat the plants that would be greatly appreciated :D

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
thank you, it came with that stand but was really rust! I grinded it down and painted it... i was going to cut up some wood and possibly make a couple drawers for the filters! but i will also look into the wrap!
I have the money for the fish but i would like the tank to be all settled and how i want it before putting any fish in there! Also if you know of any good tank mates for an arowana that wont eat the plants that would be greatly appreciated :D
That makes sense - settle with the tank and ready for the aro.

Well, I'm probably not the best person for the fish and plant combo. I had lowlight plants when I first set-up my tank and enjoyed the look quite a bit. It just got to be too much work to keep it looking nice in bigger tanks. Now, along with my Lei, I have two red spotted severums (that think will destroy plants), on gold nugget pleco, one blue phantom pleco. That's all I have. All are fairly low maintenance. The Lei could easily eat them all, but hasn't, yet. I've had him in with the plecos since it was 4", and I don't feel live fish, so that may be why.

Dylan Sanders

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2018
hmm interesting, i mean i want more fish to put in the tank but dont wanna get over my head like ive done before. i have to make a secure lid / cover the stand / more plants / and im missing something but ive been making a list so far. would love a peacock bass but not sure how it would handle if hes bigger then the aro

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If you plan on getting a Silver Aro you are going to have to upgrade to larger aquarium. The 180 will be ok for a couple of years or less.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store