“Multifasciatus” specific tank in progress !!

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I have seen my female buescheri do this also when the male starts to become overly aggressive. It makes him stop and she will continue to vibrate around him for a second or two before he seems content and less aggressive. It's very interesting. Although she if it trully is a she may just be a subordinate male will never follow him into the rocks, and when she gets to close to the rocks he will attack her. Never seems to leave any damage even though they have some wicked teeth.

Reactions: rockarolla70

rockarolla70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi All,
Have a new problem in my tank, one of my smaller female multi has some sort of infection. Can anyone throw some light on this. I have attached a picture.

Past 4 days I hardly used to see her out of the shell during day, she only used to be out in the evening and during feeding time. Today morning during feeding time I observed this problem. Help me out.

Help appreciated in advance !!

Multi Infection-01.jpg

Multi Infection-02.jpg

rockarolla70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi Folks,
Bad news first ??? :'(
I lost another bigger female today (sometime during day), I've attached the pic below along with my water parameters readings. Rest of the multie's are doing fine as of now and no weird symptoms at all.
- No fights in the tank.
- No rocks to crush the fishes cause all my rock are glued to the bottom of the tank.
- No excess feeding.
- Even today morning I did not see any bloating or no signs of fungal infections at all, the fish looked fit. Never took the feeding since y'day evening.
- Filtration is prefect, I don't suspect any lack of oxygen issues
- Check the water parameters today (Pic attached) all seems to be prefect except Ammonia, kindly check my pic and confirm if it is 0.0ppm or 0.25ppm. By the color I felt it is 0.0ppm.

Kindly let me know what might be going wrong with the tank.

Good news

- A week back I have approx 10 new-born from one the female & all look good & are swimming freely.
- Been feeding the young ones with Hikari Tropical First Bites, I see them eating well.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-06 at 6.58.31 PM.jpg

Water Parameters.jpg

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think it looks like 0.25 but that could just be your dechlor. Why is your nitrate zero?

Some experienced fishkeepers report that smallish water changes (anything less than 50%) work better for Tangs because they can be sensitive to the chlorine/chloramines in spite of the correct dosages of dechlor.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store