1 inch Bristlenose Pleco has a baby?

UES96

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2015
NYC, NY
it looks like a tiny bristlenose pleco. Its maybe a 1/4 of an inch long. The only other fish it might be is a corydora fry but it just doesn't look like it.

UES96

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2015
NYC, NY
i think that will be almost impossible. Its very difficult to see as so small and dark colored against a black substrate. I will try though.

UES96

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2015
NYC, NY
a betta, zebra dainos and neon tetras. It's actually my daughter's tank that which ends up with odds and ends from my other tanks.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
a betta, zebra dainos and neon tetras. It's actually my daughter's tank that which ends up with odds and ends from my other tanks.
If you have two bettas then i'd guess it could be betta fry?

Tifftastic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
If you have two bettas then i'd guess it could be betta fry?
Very unlikely, male and female bettas cannot remain around each other after spawning as the male will kill the female after spawning and I'm pretty sure the OP would have noticed a male tending a bubble nest for several weeks. Betta spawning is difficult to do when trying, hardly possibly by accident. Zebra fish however, spawn very easily and often. But they are egg scatterers, so its quite possible that the cory cleaned up the scattered eggs and missed all but one or a few.

UES96

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2015
NYC, NY
I took a really close look at the fry this morning and it turns out that it's a cory. My daughter is so excited. The birds and bees became a cory and cory lesson.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store