10 gallon Saltwater

djm5222

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2009
Wisconsin
sikoko;4031901; said:
o i meant threadfin lookdowns sorry
Haha common misunderstanding. Yes I promise I will and would never consider a threadfin lookdown for a tank that is less than 200 gallons

Kevin8888;4031674; said:
I have found conflicting info about the Banggai Cardinals, but the most consistant is 15 gal min, so I would say they should be ok in the 10.

As for the threadfin cardinals, no idea, I know absolutely nothing about those. Just did a quick search through my usual sources and threadfin cardinals max out at 2.5" but at the same time are recomended for 20gal tanks, so they mite be ok in the 10 but no garentee.
That is what I dislike about all types of fish, no matter freshwater or saltwater. There is always conflicting ideas about what size thanks they should be in. Certain types of cardinals that only max out at 1 inch sometimes need a 30+ gallon tank. I beleive as long as the fish looks comfortable, good filtration, right amount of food, and good water parameters they fish should be fine. I will consider a banggai cardinal but not until I'm sure that the tank would be ready for one

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Since blueleg hermits stay so small...I have never had a problem with them taking snail shells. Also if you provide them shells, they shouldnt do that either.

With a ten, I would just go really slow...get the sand in, start running the system...add the rock...get it clean, all the filters, and bio filter good...then start adding the cleanerers....then the couple small fish you are gunna have. Cardinals are group fish, and thats one reason I would like a bigger tank than a ten. Especially because (rarely) they can get to be sizeable (3" ?)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store