10 gallon stocking list

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
Is everyone gonna steal my thunder??? Go for some dwarf puffers they can tear stuff up pretty good, are freshwater and can stay in your 10 for life, and yeah puffers rule!

freshyfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2006
Barrington, IL
Maybe some tetra's and a loach or cory. or go with the dawrf puffers. I just think they are way to small to waste my money on.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Dwarf red eye puffers, they can be bred in a 10g.
Or a pair of leaf fish.
or a pair of blue spotted sunfish (Enneacanthus gloriosus) and a madtom. (pic by NFC)
Or even a single wimple piranha (Catoprion mento) (pic by Johnny Jensen)

Englo_u1.jpg

Camen_u1.jpg

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
Wouldn't the wimple piranha be on edge because it doesn't have a shoal to back it up?
Do the dwarf red eye puffers need salt?
What do leaf fish look like and are they aggressive?
I would like an aggressive tank.
(Also they must be for a reasonable price to the non-fish lover because this tank will be in a classroom being paid for by a teacher who doesn't know very much about fish.)
Any other suggestions?

(Right now I am leaning more toward a silver, rtc, tsn, CK, Pacu, giga, motoro, and alligater gar setup.)

I have been a bad boy lately :naughty:

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
3 female guppies
1 male
3-4 golden algee eaters or chinese algee eaters
( or instead of the algee eaters) 2 otos
cardinal tetras

lmao

mac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
wisconsin
gotta go with the dwarf puffers man

or you could go salt anf get some sea horses they do well in smaller tanks and make a very cool addition to any fish room

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Wimples settle down quite well when kept alone. They are a bit pricey ($30-40)
C. loretis (the dwarf red eyed puffer) are freshwater, easy to keep and feed, and very easy to sex. ($10-15 ea)
There are two leaffish the right size for a 10g, the SA and the borneo, both 3-4", they are slow moving predators. price varies a lot.
Of these three choices the puffers are the most amusing and easiest to keep, the leafs are the least active but most predaceous, and the wimple the most impressive and most active when eating fish or insects.

bp-leaffish.jpg

Nandus_nebulosus.jpg

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
Listen to guppy!! If the person paying is a non-fish person go for the easier to find/keep cheaper stuff! THe leaffish are on my list but may be too boring for you??

Lockness' Oscar

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Ohio
Would the wimple piranha be able to hurt any dumb a** kid who puts their finger in just because it's a piranha?

The leaf fish sounds pretty good right now. They aren't too boring, I need to know the specifics on keeping one, and what range would they be in price wise?

Would I be able to feed the puffers live food, and if so, what?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store