10 Gallon Stocking

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I also agree on a 20long, 29, or a 20 tall since that’ll be easier to maintain. Keep the tanks under stocked with hardy fish to keep maintenance a minimum. Even though ghost shrimps are cheap, they aren’t the easiest shrimp to keep alive since most, I think, are wild caught.

Reactions: tlindsey

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Ok. So, I talked to my dad, and he said that he can buy the tank and filter etc. The tank will sit on her desk (which is kinda big), and it will be 20 gallons. Do they have the one dollar per gallon sale up until Christmas? My mom wants it as simple as possible, so I may be able to convince her to get a heater.

Stock list now:
Some Platy’s
3 African Clawed Frogs
A group of White Cloud Mountain minnows
5 Corys

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
tlindsey tlindsey , me and my dad are building a pond (not my idea), and it will have a Bass, and they will be one of the livebearers we feed the Bass.

Reactions: tlindsey

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Ok. So, I talked to my dad, and he said that he can buy the tank and filter etc. The tank will sit on her desk (which is kinda big), and it will be 20 gallons. Do they have the one dollar per gallon sale up until Christmas? My mom wants it as simple as possible, so I may be able to convince her to get a heater.

Stock list now:
Some Platy’s
3 African Clawed Frogs
A group of White Cloud Mountain minnows
5 Corys
Seriously call Ron at Aquarium Fish Depot. He provides tops with the aquarium that he sells. Petco $1/gallon doesn't provide tops.

Call your closest Petco and see if they have or will get any more 20g longs.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Claw frogs or dwarf frogs?
Big 6+ inch difference there

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
If you do go the route of having a heater then best to swap out the white clouds for danios. White clouds prefer unheated and whilst they will live heated, they usually live shorter lives and don't thrive.

N13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
If it is 20 gallons I would do a garnderi killifish species only tank, keep a harem of 2 females and 1 male, they can breed for you and they like coldwater, for plants you can have Christmas moss and java fern with a wood formation, killifish can also eat shrimp and small insects so it will be a fun fish to feed, and they are also very personable and entertaining

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store